Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wild Child with Weapon X

Yep bring them both back. Maybe have a limited series about them both leaving each team they are now with and finding each other them coming back to Alpha. Now we just need Marvel to do it.
    Richard Vasseur

Indeed - I would dearly LOVE to see a Northstar & Aurora mini!

The two twins reuniting in Canada. Beaubier twins powers activate!
    Richard Vasseur

I think one reason that Northstar has been lost in the Uncanny X-men group is that him being gay was a main point of the character. It was one of the reasons Xavier recruited him and the first storyline was about Jean-Paul crushing on Iceman. Then throw him with a bunch of girls at Polaris' bachelorette party (Which I hated because even though Jean-Paul is gay I've never seen him as girly enough to go to a bachelorette party). There is so much more to the character than his sexual orientation and that's all that Austen had in mind for him. For shame. I like him better in New Mutants where he's the hard-assed teacher.

I did enjoy his humor in UXM... Jean-Paul was always good for poking fun at someone that needed it. Like during Dominant Species, when he came to round up other X-Men to help out Warren and Paige. Good stuff. But you're right about the bachelorette party... JP even went to Madison's bachelor party with the rest of the boys instead of going to Lil's party, so when did he get so girly? Austen's an idiot. BTW, would anyone else besides me love to see Northstar get a solo series for a while (maybe a 12-issue limited) where he gets to tromp around with Hector? They just look so good together in their Speedos.

No thanks on men in speedos. But the 12 issue series sounds great. I suppose you could throw some romance in for him.
    I agree about the bachette party to he shouldn't have been at it. Northstar is tough he may be gay but hes still a man. Hes definitely not a panty waist and shouldn't be at all girl parties.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    [color=red]BTW, would anyone else besides me love to see Northstar get a solo series for a while (maybe a 12-issue limited)...
    YES!~!! I've been saying that all along

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    ...where he gets to tromp around with Hector? They just look so good together in their Speedos.
    NO!! That's not even funny!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

What would be even better than Northstar in a limited series would be Northstar and Aurora in a limited series. I wonder now that the two have been apart for awhile now if JP would still be just as overly protective of Aurora.
    Richard Vasseur

Austen sent JP to Polaris' bacelorette party?? No wonder everyone hates that guy's writing.

I agree. I was excited to see Northstar in a monthly book again! A Northstar/Aurora mini-series would be great to see. I could see it as a four to six issue series. That would also generate more interest in the new Alpha series! At least in my humble opinion.

So if Aurora and Madison are now on the run from Weapon X where could they run to? Hmmmm maybe North.
    Richard Vasseur

At present tey both remain in thrall to the original Director, but hopefully Weapon X #22 will bring some closure to that particular state of affairs. Don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen any indication that they will be regular in any book after Reload.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

That is to bad if the characters fade away into limbo. To many great characters have to be replaced by ones that are not as good.
    Richard Vasseur