Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Child with Weapon X

Hybrid View

Default Wild Child with Weapon X

Yep nice picture of Wild Child. Where is he now I wonder?
    Richard Vasseur

Oh ya I read a few issues of that series I'm surprised the comic is still around. He seems like such a wimp in it. Or at least he did.
    Richard Vasseur

It's not that he's a wimp, it's that he's pretty mentially disturbed. He's been through a lot, and the final straw for him was seeing the woman he lovedd (aurora) tortured by Sabertooth. The Weapon X program "under the old director" didn't exactly encourage him to heal, but rather twisted that weakness into a means of controlling him.

Ben

Wild Child should be more like Sabretooth or Wolverine. Different yes but in his own way. Hes more lith and that should be incorporated into his character more. And he should be able to stand up to anyone including Sabretooth.
    Richard Vasseur

*Moderator Note* - This subject has been split from the topic entitled "An Avatar Question??"

I think a lot of it comes down to confidence. Kyle has been through so much over the years, that his mind has suffered. I'm sure he could stand up to Sabertooth (though probably no win) were that he believed he could. However he's been beaten down so much, he doesn't have it in him. Perhaps if he had some help with his mental issues, he might be okay, but the problems over the years have taken thier tole.

Yes maybe it is Marvel who should look at changing his character back to more like it used to be at the begining. He may not have been able to beat Sabretooth but at least he wasn't afraid to fight him. I liked his character when he first started out. Not now though.
    Richard Vasseur

I have to agree that he is not as good a character as he was previously. My favourite stage of his "developement" was as Weapon Omega. He was a tough fighter, he was clever, but had some innter turmoil. It was actually Scott Lobell that wrote him like that, and that was my favorite part of his short fun on Alpha Flight volume 1.

Ben

I to liked him as Weapon Omega to me that was similair to how he started out just a little bit more civilized. I like seeing any of the wild savage heroes and villians showing that they can control their inner beast.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'm sure he could stand up to Sabertooth (though probably no win) were that he believed he could.
    His issues of X-Factor, and the Sabretooth 'Back to nature' one shot pretty much confirm this.

I agree with a lot of points here. Wild Child is one of my favorite Alpha Flight/Marvel characters. I enjoy his time with Alpha and with X-Factor. I wish he would be returned to his former self. At least give the guy some hair!! It's a shame people consider him just "Sabertooth-lite"!!

Yes Wild Child needs to get out from under Sabretooth's shadow. Wolverine and Sabretooth are similar but each is his own person. Wild Child needs the same thing. I would love to see him in the pages of Alpha Flight and out of that Weapon X group. Him and Aurora should both leave and be put back to there former glory.
    Richard Vasseur

Richvol1:

I agree 100%!! Get all the Alphans out of Weapon X. On a side note, If Marvel is telling Lobdell not to use Northstar, how long has it been since we've seen Northstar in the pages of Uncanny?? He'd be better utilized in the Alpha Flight book, just my opinion.

I would love to see the twins back together again. Flying circles around all the others. Northstar with his attitude. I wonder if Sasquatch would try to rekindle his romance with Aurora if she were around.
    Richard Vasseur