Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AF Sales Figures

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    not sure if you guys checked the entire 300 out or not but some interesting titles in interesting places:

superman/batman: 297

uncanny: 292

superman: 293 (is that one austen also?)

not sure how they can justify keeping those titles around.
    At first, I wasn't sure if you were kidding about this.

The current issues of these three titles land in the top ten every month. What you've listed here are the reorders on the previous month's issues.

-Mike

ahhhhh....

yeah, seemed odd to me too.

woops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    If we are worried about AF getting the axe, let's get proactive about it. Start writing letter, tell Marvel how you feel about it, and tell them how you would react if they cancelled AF. Even if it means making idle theats, tell them you will stop buying all thier products, that you will boycot. We can get on top of this before it happens if we are motivated.

Ben
    AF is the ONLY comic, I'm buying from Marvel, at the moment(I pretty much detest everything else they're putting out now)....and even that is on shakey ground. I really do need to write them though. Which would be better...email or snail mail...or both?

Dana

They take Snail Mail more seriously, probably because it takes more effort. I usually do both when I want to send them a letter, but word them differently so it doesn't come off as a duplicate.

Ben

Does anyone know where to see sales figures for Vol.2(entire run)? I heard mention that sales went up quite a bit at the end of the series(but cancellation was already announced), due to the reappearance of the original AF. I was just curious if this was really true.

Dana

115 116 32.68 ** JUL042029 ALPHA FLIGHT #7 $2.99 MAR

Sales figures for volume 2 went up slightly at the end due to the Weapon X storyline, but reorders were lower than for 9-12 of v2. Original crew return didn't add much.

I see #7 levelled off, so I expect #8 to gain about 3000, #9 to gain about 6000+.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Sales figures for volume 2 went up slightly at the end due to the Weapon X storyline, but reorders were lower than for 9-12 of v2. Original crew return didn't add much.
    Um...."due to the Weapon X storyline"....that was when the Original team returned(together).

Dana

Default Any word from Scott?

I know that Scott is not known for hanging out on forums, but has anyone from the group tried to contact him lately to find out if there's any good news to keep us hopeful that AF is going to still be around after issue #12? I'd like to think that he'd tell this forum if ANADAF needed more fan support to keep it going.

Default Re: Any word from Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I know that Scott is not known for hanging out on forums, but has anyone from the group tried to contact him lately to find out if there's any good news to keep us hopeful that AF is going to still be around after issue #12? I'd like to think that he'd tell this forum if ANADAF needed more fan support to keep it going.

As of a couple weeks ago he had not been informed of a cancellation.

Ben

Default Re: Any word from Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab

As of a couple weeks ago he had not been informed of a cancellation.

Ben
    It would reassuring to know that he had written scripts for issues #12. Most writers like to work well in advance unless your '______________' (insert your choice here). Or if he hasn't, is it because he's been asked to hold off or whatever.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I know for a fact Scott's written #12 and has done for a few months now.

sweet. find out what the next story arc is.

Well then we need to know if he or anyone else has written #13 or #14 or....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I agree. Knowing that another arc has been planned gives at least some sense of relief. What have you moderators been doing lately? Get out there and stalk Lobdell like the crazed lunatics that you know you are!