Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AF Sales Figures

Emma Frost, a VERY engrossing read about an anti-hero/former villain who seems more human in this series than any stray the X-Men have taken in (Rogue, Wolverine, et al) gets the axe, and the ROGUE miniseries gets priority? Baffling. Completely and utterly baffling.

Does anyone figure that hordes of X-fans are gonna run to the stands for this miniseries, when the vast majority of those fans have stopped giving a crap about Rogue's origins years ago?

Probably right, especially as Rogue hasn't been used well enough in years to be of much interest to as many people.
    But the first issue was pretty good, art and story. I'll be picking up the 2nd.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

For your perusal, these are, as we know, initial figures.

90 90 35.42 ** JUN041606 WEAPON X #27 $2.99 MAR
    91 100 35.3 ** JUN040414 MANHUNTER #1 $2.50 DC
    92 103 34.69 ** JUN040943 FABLES #28 (MR) $2.50 DC
    93 104 34.69 ** JUN040386 DC COMICS PRESENTS ATOM #1 $2.50 DC
    94 92 34.59 ** JUN041586 ALPHA FLIGHT #6 $2.99 MAR
    95 93 34.24 JUN041589 SHE HULK #6 $2.99 MAR
    96 109 33.25 ** JUN040401 HAWKMAN #31 $2.50 DC
    97 30 32.5 ** JUN040196 BATMAN/CATWOMAN TRAIL O/T GUN #1 (Of 2) $5.95 DC
    98 113 32.49 ** JUN040382 AQUAMAN #21 $2.50 DC
    99 114 32.48 ** JUN040412 LEGION #37 $2.50 DC
    100 115 32.27 ** JUN040413 LEGION #38 $2.50 DC

Top 300
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

that's bad....

Ben

But fixable.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

It would be reassuring to hear from Scott and see if he's been signed up for further issues or if he's scripted any past #12.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I actually dropped him an email earlier today asking just that question.

Ben

I came across an article over at Newsarama announcing Paul Pelletier as the new She-Hulk artist.

Of interest to this thread were the statements from She-Hulk writer Dan Jolley, plucked from his post on the She-Hulk message board. Apparently, the series will continue past issue #15, which would be, counting all the former series’ issue numbers, the 100th issue of a She-Hulk comic book.

Mr. Jolley also states that the book is not suffering from low sales, but low orders - as in Retailer orders. With She-Hulk and Alpha Flight doing relatively the same on the Sales chart, do you guys believe that this statement may apply to AF, as well?

-Mike

So the retailers are not ordering the numbers, but surely that reflects demand? I think I'm gonna need someone more in the know to elaborate on that for me
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by mvranas
    ...the book is not suffering from low sales, but low orders - as in Retailer orders. With She-Hulk and Alpha Flight doing relatively the same on the Sales chart, do you guys believe that this statement may apply to AF, as well?
    What I mean by this last part is, when you guys visit your LCS, do you notice issues of Alpha Flight still on the shelf? Or, are they running through their copies and ordering just enough to fill demand, not expecting anyone to pick up an issue on impulse.

-M.

Ah, thanks for the elaboration MIke. Normally I see a few copies on the shelf, but when they are shifted from 'fresh in' shelf to previous weeks shelf that number is down a bit. I asked the guy in my store how AF does in the shop. He said that basically he considers it a reasonable seller. He has three catergories, Strong, Medium and Weak. AF clears enough in his store to be considered medium which normally means between 20-40 issues shifted over the month.
    Del

from what many people have been saying, AF could well be in the same position. I know that here there are always a few back copies left, but I have heard many srories of place selling out. Here is not a good way to compair, as this little island has a very low number of comic readers.

Ben

I found one issue of #7 in Regina, besides the one I bought. I have no idea how many were ordered but each store I went to did order AF.

It will be around past #12 and #20 et al but confirmation from MArvel would be nice.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

not sure if you guys checked the entire 300 out or not but some interesting titles in interesting places:

superman/batman: 297

uncanny: 292

superman: 293 (is that one austen also?)

not sure how they can justify keeping those titles around.

BUT.....i guarentee when uncanny changes writers they will advertise the crap out of it and sales will climb again.

why can't they do that with their second tier titles?

because thanks to two very successful cartoon series, two exceptionally successful box office smash flicks, and a consistant track record in sales, Marvel isn't about to turn their back on their big cash cow. And putting effort into second tier series is just that! At least so it seems.
    Hell was full, so I came back.