53 67 44.29 ** MAR042271 SOULFIRE #0 $2.50 ASP
    54 68 44.27 ** MAR040310 GREEN ARROW #38 $2.50 DC
    55 55 44.19 ** MAR041689 CAPTAIN AMERICA & FALCON #3 $2.99 MAR
    56 83 43.43 ** MAR040312 GREEN LANTERN #177 $2.25 DC
    57 56 42.51 ** MAR041661 ALPHA FLIGHT #3 $2.99 MAR
    58 79 41.42 ** MAR040285 BIRDS O/PREY #67 $2.50 DC
    59 57 41.18 ** MAR041672 SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED #3 $2.99 MAR
    60 58 40.67 ** MAR041662 EMMA FROST #11 $2.99 MAR

It would seem from that that Alpha is holding pretty steady and is in some pretty good company.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=3804 for Full listing.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

whoo! good news!

Ben

yes it is holding up quite well, and ahead of several popular books too. ish good kittish...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Plagerised from ComicCon.Pulse
    ===========================
    57. ALPHA FLIGHT
    Mar Alpha Flight #1 - 42,586
    Apr Alpha Flight #2 - 36,551 (-14.2%)
    May Alpha Flight #3 - 32,684 (-10.6%)

Getting worrying - that's on the steep side for a third issue drop, and the cancellation zone isn't all that far below.

===========================

At least we know that it's going to twelve and I think sales will pick up as each issue goes along.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

well, with the drop in sales, vs. the drop in the relitively small drop in position, I would venture to say that it's a simple matter of lower comic sales in general. Nicer weather, people are outside, not thinking so much about reading. I'd venture to say it's not a worry just yet. If we see it drop below the top 100, then we can start freaking out.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    well, with the drop in sales, vs. the drop in the relitively small drop in position, I would venture to say that it's a simple matter of lower comic sales in general. Nicer weather, people are outside, not thinking so much about reading. I'd venture to say it's not a worry just yet. If we see it drop below the top 100, then we can start freaking out.

Ben
    It's more of a case of the big guns, Lee and Whedon forcing people to drop lesser titles. So with Superman boosted, Avengers Disassembled and X-Men Reloaded, mid level titles across the board went down in sales.

Concidering how easily Marvel has been cancelling titles lately, I'd say it's pretty safe to say Alpha Flight won't last. Even being inside the top 75 doesn't seem to be enough anymore. We'll see...

The other problem is that by and large, Marvel titles don't go up without some sort of event and hype.

Let's check out the sales figures for the issues where the originals are prominently featured. I think there's a lot of "Here's Sasquatch, but where's Alpha Flight in this Alpha Flight book?

I doubt it. For a new title it's doing decently well. I think it's more that every new launch by Marvel is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I doubt it. For a new title it's doing decently well. I think it's more that every new launch by Marvel is screwed.
    I gotta say, they're not doing very well when it comes to marketing thier new books. Just sticking it on the shelf doesn't do that much....

Ben

It's frustrating because I would buy Alpha Flight to issue 100 and beyond, but won't get the chance.

The thing with the last few months is that the top 50 has been full with titles shipping 2 issues a month.

Alpha is well above mainstreams such as Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    The thing with the last few months is that the top 50 has been full with titles shipping 2 issues a month.

Alpha is well above mainstreams such as Iron Man.
    But Alpha is a new title. Iron Man won't get cancelled, while Alpha has no such buffer. After Thanos was cancelled with decent sales, all bets are off.

Don't think Iron Man is absolutely safe considering the vague warnings that some Avengers books may be cancelled during or immediately after the Disassembled arc.

Wasn't Thanos also suffering from creator changes and other difficulties?

I really have no faith that Marvel can keep a new series around for very long, unless their doing phenomenal sales nothing in the past few years has really lasted past it's initial run (with a few exceptions like Exiles or Weapon X I suppose).

I'm just happy that there are some Alpha stories in print, but I'm savouring this time while it lasts...

It's really sad to think that Alpha could end after #12. But the likelyhood of it happening are more real than vol.3 seeing #25. Marvel has done a horrible job with it's new titles. Runaways is being cancelled at #18, Thanos was cancelled (although I didn't know that til now), Elektra...after having some really awesome stories...was cancelled at #35. Even Avengers, which I think is better now than it was when Marvel ended it after Onslaught, is getting the axe.

Meanwhile, anything with an 'X' slapped on the cover gets numerous reprieves from the chopping block. It could be horrible, yet it still remains. Hell, as more of the quality titles are ending, Marvel is coming out with MORE X-Books. Nightcrawler and Gambit are both coming out with on-going titles. Rogue and Jubilee too.

Marvel might as well just stop all of their titles that aren't X-related...

I stopped reading Marvel for a long time after they cancelled vol.2 of Alpha Flight, and I'll more than likely stop again once vol.3 comes to an end. I'm so sick of them right now. At least DC gives their titles a chance...

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??