Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AF Sales Figures

Default AF Sales Figures

Marvel also clocked in with the highest debuts, with Avenegrs/Thunderbolts#1 at #30 and Cable Deadpool #1 at #31. Alpha Flight #1 landed at #39, with Captain America/Falcon #1 at #43, Marvel Age Spider-Man #1 at #50, the debut issues of She-Hulk and Iron Fist at #56 and #57, respectively.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=11851
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

hey, now that's some pretty good news, and that's with an issue that got bum reviews! Here's hoping that with the positive feedback from #2, those stats will be even better!

Ben

I think that it's generally a given that second issue figures are normally lower than first issue, with sales picking up later, or not, depending on circumstances.

However, 39th was really good, didn't really expect to be so high, given reviews etc.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It's nice to see that Alpha Flight vol. 3 #1 at least got into the top 50. Here's hopin' the series sales numbers will increase. I'm really looking forward for this book to be around awhile!!

Well, though it may not seem like it, word of mouth is a powerful thing! When you are in the comic shop, see some other comic collecters, tell them about AF, convince them to buy an issue. If they like it, they may tell an other, and and other, it's a chain reaction. Spread the good word my deciples! And heck, while yer at it, tell them about AlphaFlight.net! That'll hook them!

From this, I would assume that AF #1 sold just over 51,000

37 49 52.19 ** JAN040254 OUTSIDERS #10 $2.50 DC
    38 36 51.72 ** NOV032277 TRANSFORMERS/GI JOE #6 (Of 6) $2.95 DRE
    39 35 51.08 JAN041572 ALPHA FLIGHT #1 $2.99 MAR
    40 50 51.04 ** JAN040244 JSA #59 $2.50 DC
    41 64 50.84 JAN040236 FLASH #208 $2.25 DC
    42 28 50.45 ** DEC031560 HULK GRAY #6 (Of 6) $3.50 MAR
    43 38 49.80 JAN041549 CAPTAIN AMERICA & FALCON #1 $2.99 MAR

Edited Amendment (28/04/04)
    39. ALPHA FLIGHT
    Mar Alpha Flight #1 - 42,586

The second of this month's new ongoing series. ALPHA FLIGHT was solicited as an X-book, a claim which is frankly rather tenuous. Yes, it's a spin-off, but so was DAZZLER. It's generally been self-contained - and it's interesting to note that in this month's solicitations, it's been shunted off to the "Marvel Heroes" section.

Sales aren't too bad for the first issue - it'll get a fair chance, at least.

Taken from
    http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultim...&f=36&t=002150

I think we can expect a substantial dip in second isue sales considering the bad reviews #1 got, but given that #2 was recieved better and it will definately be going to #12, hopefully we'll see a leveling out of figures and more people will come on boards if future reviews are as positive as #2's was.
    Del

if that's the numbers, we gotta get more of 'em over here! If we could only get 1% we'd be rockin'! Hopefully Marvel will prink my letter, as I make reference to the forum in it

Figures for April
    =============================
    47 43 50.27 ** FEB041585 CABLE DEADPOOL #2 (RES) $2.99 MAR
    48 44 49.14 ** FEB041573 CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 $2.99 MAR
    49 46 48.24 ** FEB041588 EXILES #45 $2.99 MAR
    50 49 47.06 ** FEB040221 BATMAN GOTHAM KNIGHTS #52 $2.95 DC
    51 47 46.82 ** FEB041603 CAPTAIN AMERICA & FALCON #2 $2.99 MAR
    52 48 46.55 ** FEB041584 ALPHA FLIGHT #2 $2.99 MAR
    53 56 44.83 ** FEB040245 SUPERMAN BIRTHRIGHT #9 (Of 12) $2.95 DC

=============================

Better than I thought.
    Del

Sweet! Only dropped to 52... woo hoo! I'm not surprised though... I never saw a copy of #2 in stores. I was a little freaked when I was in the store last week and a HUGE stack of #3.... I was like 'Oh my god, the sales dropped off bigtime' but apparently that was their SECOND order of AF #3
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

hmmm, not bad indeed. I was expecting a bit more of a slip with #1 not having gotten the greatest reviews.

Considering the reviews that #1 got I expected a bigger drop of for #2. Hopefully given the good reviews that two got, those who dropped the title may give it another look. With #4 promising the slugfest that people seem to be clamouring for, plus the humour aspects, I'm felling pretty chuffed to say the least.
    Del

That's some pretty decent company there...

when I was a collecting monster a decade ago I would follow the industry top 100 and 300 religiously. I dropped off a few years ago and only recently got back into collecting. But if the figures are the same as when I was following, 39 for AF#1 and 52 for AF #2 are very good numbers!

Here's a question because I spotted this the other day and Del mentioned it too...

The latest series for Alpha Flight was toted as an X-book, and I saw it sitting in the Marvel Heros section when I went looking for #3 (I also just reread Del's post where it mentions this very thing) I have always associated Alpha with X, mainly because at the time I first heard of it several of the more prominent characters were mutants. Yes other teams are mutant friendly but Alpha has always struck me as going with the whole 'we accept everybody' concept that the X-Titles strive for...admittedly I'm also only now beginning to actually collect AF, maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Yes other teams are mutant friendly but Alpha has always struck me as going with the whole 'we accept everybody' concept that the X-Titles strive for
    They accepted anyone to an extreme degree. In issue 3 or so of Volume 1, it was established that psych tests were given, even though the results seemed to have been ignored, buried or doctored to let people in. The psych problems of neither Aurora nor Marrina showed up on the tests (Aurora's personalities being so strongly divided that no trace showed up) but other characters, including Madison Jeffries and Roger Bochs, were pushed through.
    Given origins of most characters that have debuted since V1#1, it is a safe bet that Department H and the various flights incorporated most superhumans in Canada, regardless of the source of their powers.
    There could almost be an argument that Alpha is a good example that mutant superhumans are a writer's cop-out of having to create an origin of the character's powers.
    Kudos here to Scott Lobdell for diversifying the nature of Vol 3's characters.

hmm good points all of them.
    Hell was full, so I came back.