Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: AF Sales Figures

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I agree. Knowing that another arc has been planned gives at least some sense of relief. What have you moderators been doing lately? Get out there and stalk Lobdell like the crazed lunatics that you know you are!

Tempting....but....

He's been a pretty busy guy what with his film and all lately. He still comes by the forum regularily, just often reads without having time, or a chance to get into posting. But fear not, he has some irons in the fire for keepin AF alive that I'm not at liberty to discuss unfortunately.

Ben

Good to know he is talking to you Ben and has plans way beyond #12. No point in wasting time worrying , I've written Marvel about 3 times with 3 e-mails to boot. We really should post a lot oanywhere when #9 is coming out to get more people to buy it and get us up to 30000 per issue, which we will have by #10 anyway.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

102 102 31.39 ** AUG041845 ALPHA FLIGHT #8 $2.99 MAR

!!!!

compared to:
    115 116 32.68 ** JUL042029 ALPHA FLIGHT #7 $2.99 MAR

A slight drop in sales, but a rise in place.... could work in our advantage.

Can I ask how a comic raises in position when sales figures dip?

Hopefully 9 will be in the top 100.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

The comics previously above it selling even less.

so has their been any confirmation of the series running past #12?

supposedly that would be the last issue.

beuler? beuler?

Each month we are asked what the different rankings on the Top 300 list mean in terms of sales for each book. While the publishers and Diamond keep the total number of copies distributed closely guarded (the numbers are not released and those that do get printed are only estimates), they do provide a guide by which you can compare the success of one book to another.

The quantity ranking is obvious, it's the ranking of comics based on total issues printed. The Retail Rank is based on the price of a specific issue and the overall dollars it produced in sales. Finally, there's that enigmatic "index" number. The index shows retailers roughly how many of a product is being ordered in comparison to the other products. The index says that the average store orders 100 copies of Batman (a consistent seller) and then compares other titles to this. In this month's case, if "Batman" #633 sold 100,000 copies (we've no idea many it actually sold) that would mean the #1 comic, "Identity Crisis" #5, sold 75% more copies (once again, we've no idea of the number of actual sales).

Just checked the full list and apart from the Marvel Age titles, AF is the lowest selling non-cancelled Marvel book...