Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word from Scott Lobell

Default Word from Scott Lobell

Hey folks, here's the latest word I've gotten from Scott Lobell:

"Regarding NEMESIS...It is important to know that, as the living embodiment of retribution, NEMESIS will do and say anything necessary to achieve her goal. Not to say she was lying in the past...but you shouldn't take everything she says for law.

The name "Jane" was only used for clarity's sake: When she refused to reveal her name, even to the team she was leading, DIAMOND LIL came to call her Jane -- short for Jane Doe. NEMESIS did not much care what she was called. (So, to answer your question, yes, this is the same woman, but we have to take everything she has said up until this point with a huge grain of salt.)

And now -- because I love your site and you are so supportive...

...I am going to give you a SCOOP that NO ONE ELSE HAS EVEN HEARD YET!!!

ALPHA FLIGHT #9 features a CAMEO APPEARANCE by...BIG HERO 6! "

YAY! Can't wait to see Honey Lemon again! It'd also be kinda cool if she joined Alpha Flight, too.

I also quite enjoyed Big Hero 6. I dunno if we would ever see Honey Lemon join Alpha Flight, but I always thought it would be fun to to see her and Shaman have acontest to see who could pull the most out the thier pouch/purse. :P

A Big Hero 6 appearance!! I wonder how Big Hero will react to seeing a new Alpha Flight? I enjoyed their appearance in Vol. 2.

Their limited series written by Scott worked a lot better than the Vol.2 appearance, so I'm looking forward to this.

Big Hero 6 is boss. They should have a cartoon, and the theme song should be performed by the 5, 6, 7, 8's. Or Puffy Ami Yumi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I also quite enjoyed Big Hero 6. I dunno if we would ever see Honey Lemon join Alpha Flight, but I always thought it would be fun to to see her and Shaman have acontest to see who could pull the most out the thier pouch/purse. :P
    Honey Lemon was a "poor man's" version of Shaman, in my opinion. No contest there. (Although it would be fun to Shaman lay the smack-down on her... )

Default Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Hey folks, here's the latest word I've gotten from Scott Lobell:

"And now -- because I love your site and you are so supportive...

...I am going to give you a SCOOP that NO ONE ELSE HAS EVEN HEARD YET!!!

ALPHA FLIGHT #9 features a CAMEO APPEARANCE by...BIG HERO 6! "
    That's great! I've been a huge BIG HERO 6 fan from day one! I'm the guy who created a Big Hero 6 fan site back in '98 when the limited series first came out.

I was even toying with the idea of submitting a script for X-MEN UNLIMITED that featured Big Hero 6. Though in-continuity, it would be in the style of DC's TEEN TITANS GO! and pit the heroes of Big Hero 6 against the corrupt Shinma Corporation's team of Japanese super-villains:
    Decay (Yoshiro Hachiman);
    Iron Monk
    Deadline (Dr. Kishi Oramosha);
    Samurai Destroyer;
    Kondo (Inoshiro N. Kondo); and last but not least
    Assassin ("Mimeyoshi").
    (Sort of like the Injustice Gang to Big Hero 6's Justice League!)

So, as you can probably tell, I'm really psyched about the return of Big Herp 6 in ALPHA FLIGHT #9 (even if it is for a mere cameo scene). In fact, I plan on writing up profiles at the online Appendix to Handbook of the Marvel Universe in the near future for Big Hero 6 and all of its members (well, everyone except Sunfire and Silver Samurai -- they aren't obscure enough to qualify for Appendix entries!)

I really hope to see Big Hero 6 appear more in the future if the latest volume of ALPHA FLIGHT takes off. It really seems as if Mr. Lobdell had a lot of backstory planned for the team when they first appeared. Everthing from GoGo Tomago's apparent criminal history to the odd relationship between Hiro and Baymax (Am I the only one who suspected that Mr. Lobdell was hinting at Baymax being programmed off the brain patterns of Hiro's dead father?). I'd love to see Mr. Lobdell get the chance to explore his creations further.

Well, I've said enough. I'm really enjoying Mr. Lobdell's run on ALPHA FLIGHT thus far. Though I admit the pacing seems a bit slow at times (especially in issue #3), I realize that the trend these days is to go with a format that is more trade paperback friendly. Plus the awesome characterization more than makes up for it (I'm a huge fan of Mapleleaf the Second!). Lately I've been working on the various Handbooks and Encyclopedias published by Marvel as a researcher and writer. If they ever decide to go with an Alpha Flight Encyclopedia or Handbook, you can bet I'll be all over it like stink on a monkey (and you better believe Big Hero 6 would get a big entry!).

Give my best to Mr. Lobdell!

I wonder who's going to replace Silver Samurai since his demise in Elektra?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I wonder who's going to replace Silver Samurai since his demise in Elektra?
    Oh, I wouldn't count out Silver Samurai just yet. Keniuchio Harada is a survivor . . . and I couldn't see Big Hero 6 without him!

I wouldn't want to either, but he's been killed and buried and Marvel's now a dead means dead, policy.

And another thought - Was Sunfire shot dead in the Weapon X The Draft:Wildchild oneshot?

We never saw him as dead dead, so I don't think he is.

EDIT - Found the answer to my own question:

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...threadid=10742

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I wouldn't want to either, but he's been killed and buried and Marvel's now a dead means dead, policy.
    I've come to learn that Marvel's various "policies" (or, to be more specific, Joe Q.'s "policies") aren't as strictly adhered to as they may sound. For instance, I saw Magneto seemingly die as a result of Cassandra Nova's Sentinel attack on Genosha -- only to turn up alive again. And most recently in the pages of UNCANNY, I saw Wolverine kickng around the corpse of a dead-again Magneto. Do I think he's dead for good this time? I doubt it. And I believe both of these deaths occurred under the "dead means dead" policy.

You could be right, though. Perhaps Silver Samurai's death will stick. Colossus' death seems to be permanent. As does the deaths of Bucky and the original Captain Marvel.

But my vote goes for "Bring the Samurai Back!"

Quote Originally Posted by skullogeist
    I've come to learn that Marvel's various "policies" (or, to be more specific, Joe Q.'s "policies") aren't as strictly adhered to as they may sound... For instance, I saw Magneto seemingly die as a result of Cassandra Nova's Sentinel attack on Genosha -- only to turn up alive again. And most recently in the pages of UNCANNY, I saw Wolverine kickng around the corpse of a dead-again Magneto. Do I think he's dead for good this time? I doubt it. And I believe both of these deaths occurred under the "dead means dead" policy.
    I'd like to see him try and come back!! In NXM 100 Wolverine DECAPITATED him in front of nearly everyone, shortly after Mags killed Jean.

You could be right, though. Perhaps Silver Samurai's death will stick. Colossus' death seems to be permanent. As does the deaths of Bucky and the original Captain Marvel.
    Colossus' death HAS to be permanent, or his sacrifice will be meaningless (for those of your who don't know, Peter sacrificed himself to cure the Legacy Virus - but everyone knos that ). As for Bucky and Cap. Mar-Vell, they've been dead for so long, it wouldn't make sence to bring them back now.

But my vote goes for "Bring the Samurai Back!"
    If it was PROVEN he was dead (as in they had a corpse, funeral and everything else, I say let the living stay dead (that's how Mags could come back: no proof! All he would have to do is a 'gravitational-negation-a-la-Guardian' shtick, and VOILA! Maggie's baa-aaack!!). The only person, imho, that I think should come back (and there is NO reason for it not to happen), is Illyana Rasputin - Magik!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I think we're so used to seeing fave character get killed off and then bought back that when they are actually dead dead then it makes it all the more shocking - not bringing them back from the dead, which is so passe now.

Some characters are so convoluted that killing them off is a blessing. Psylocke springs to mind (although I know a lot of people want her back), Donna Troy (Troia from Titans) is another.