Thread: #5 Solicitation *UPDATED WITH IMAGE*

Default #5 Solicitation *UPDATED WITH IMAGE*

ALPHA FLIGHT #5
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Penciled by CLAYTON HENRY
    Cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME" 5 (of 6)—Time for another issue of the All-New, All-Different Alpha Flight, eh? Reserve your copy today, or pay the price of a fierce scolding from the RCMP's Major Mapleleaf himself! Now that don't sound too friendly, don't cha know?
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR…$2.99
    UPC: 5960605518-00511

That has to be one of the worst Solicitations ever! I doesn't say a darn thing! There'd better be a good pic to go along with that later!

But thanks for the ever dilligant work in get these to us early Phil

Ben

The solicitations writer needs a bloody good kick in the nads, Lobdell he ain't
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Does anyone remember the time when solicitations actually told you something about the issue to peak your interest?? I guess I'm asking too much.

Scott Lobdell writes a humorous comic, the solicits writer, believes he is humorous. Someone should tell him he's kidding himself.

Oh BTW, have an image to #5

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Oh BTW, have an image to #5
    Oh.. My..

I definitely do not want to be around when Mapleleaf Jr/Dani_M sees that pic!

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

Quote Originally Posted by Magik
    Oh.. My..

I definitely do not want to be around when Mapleleaf Jr/Dani_M sees that pic!

~ Magik
    You know it's gonna be noisy BTW, gotta love that umberella
    Del

OH. MY. GOD.

Could that man be any more delicious?!

He's mine. I claim him. Mine, mine, mine.

I'm reminded of my favorite Map'leaf line to date, one that is LOADED with double meaning. I didn't even get it until I was doing some typing for class one day and a VERY attractive male friend of mine IMed me out of the blue with this:

"Okay --- now who wants to ride Thunder?"

Needless to say, I was sent into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Heh. Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming...

NICE! That is awsome! heh heh, I know I'd want an umbrella if a horse was flying over me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    NICE! That is awsome! heh heh, I know I'd want an umbrella if a horse was flying over me!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Horses never think twice in those situations.

Gotta agree with some of the assessments made here. The solicitation does NOTHING to attract readers. I don't understand why Quesada lets it continue. If you want sales, you have to promote the product...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Gotta agree with some of the assessments made here. The solicitation does NOTHING to attract readers. I don't understand why Quesada lets it continue. If you want sales, you have to promote the product...
    And why would you have a product unless it was to make you money??? And this solicitation wasn't as bad as the others, most notably for #4... exactly how do you expect people to pick up a title if you call the characters 'hosers'?? Especially with the old crowd (ie: us)... putting down the characters we obviously love (why else would we have a huge forum with weeeeeell over 1000 posts if we didn't like 'em?)... it's hard to get even us older fans interested if you keep putting down our characters... I know it turns me off from them! To me it means they aren't taking them as seriously as I'd want them to...

...Aaaand, that's the end of THAT particular rant (seems to be a new past time for me...)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine