Thread: Northstar information

Default Northstar information

I'm currently assembling my bio for Northstar. The problem is that my knowlege on his actions since the end of volume 2 is quite lacking. I was hoping somone out there in alpha land may be able to write me a quick paragraph on this.

Thanks all!

Ben

After vol 2, Northstar wrote a book called 'Born Normal', while promoting this book, he was approached by Jean Grey

Taken From TopCity
    More recently, the mutant villain Magneto was beginning a war on humanity and had managed to capture the X-Men's mentor, Professor X. The X-Men's Phoenix (Jean Grey) asked Northstar and other X-Men associates to join a team of interim X-Men under her leadership while the other X-Men were occupied on other fronts. Beaubier agreed, despite the friction he felt among the team's members. Beaubier helped play a pivotal role in defeating the villain, as the team delayed Magneto until the X-Men were able to take him down. After the battle, Beaubier returned with the X-Men to their headquarters but chose to part company with the team.

This story can be read in the 'Eve of Destruction' storyline, which ran in Uncanny #392-393 and X-Men #112-113.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

but how did he come to become a part of the Xmen again? What's his current role again. What's with that new costume? Does he know what his sister is up to? What's the reason it said for him to have left Alpha Flight? What's this about him having lost his powers for a time...so many questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    but how did he come to become a part of the Xmen again? What's his current role again. What's with that new costume? Does he know what his sister is up to? What's the reason it said for him to have left Alpha Flight? What's this about him having lost his powers for a time...so many questions
    He was approached yet again by Professor X, mainly to be a tutor in the school, he re-joined in Uncanny X #414 ?

Since he joined up, he's not really had a lot to, he has a thing about Bobby Drake and has fought against AF a couple of times. Once when they went to get Halibutt Lad from the X-Mansion and again when AF went up against the Juggernaut and they wore that armour. He now sems to be mainly in the tutoring role.

All X-Men wear the same style padded leather look or seem too.

Northstar has recently begun to question his sisters whereabouts, he mentioned her in an issue of Weapon X.

His leaving AF hasn't been broached and I know nothing about his power loss.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'll try to answer some of these questions...if not all of them...to the best of my ability.

1. How did [Northstar] come to become a part of the X-Men again?

Northstar was approached by Xavier to become a teacher at the institute. He declined, but met a young mutant whose powers were killing him while helping Xavier get this kid some help, and upon the kid's death, Northstar agreed to join the faculty at the school.

2. What's his current role again?

His current role is apparently teaching a flight class at the school. He has been a member of the X-Men (although Austen has since stopped using him). What his role will be after reload is still a mystery.

3. What's with that new costume?

Nobody's really sure. Perhaps he wanted to 'feel' more like an X-Man?

4. Does [Northstar] know what his sister is up to?

Again, thanks to the wonderful writing of Chuck Austen, it's never been touched upon. It is left up to the reader to just assume that perhaps he just stopped caring about her. It doesn't make much sense, but it was never mentioned.

5. What's the reason it said for [Northstar] to have left Alpha Flight?

Don't think it was ever mentioned...

6. What's this about [Northstar] having lost his powers for a time?

Not too sure about this one. Was this in a Wolverine issue or something??

Hopefully I've been of some kind of help...

Cheers,
    Mystic

Alrighty then....

Uncanny X-Men #379:
    Cameo panel shown losing powers with Aurora in the High Evoultionary's attempt to rid the world of the mutant gene.
    Presumably restored in #380(ie. Not shown).

Eve of Destruction; as outlined by Del above;
    During a book signing for "Born Normal" Jean Paul used his superspeed to stop an asassination attempt on his life.
    Here Jean Grey attempted to recruit him for an X-Men mission.
    He declined at first, siting that the public loved him not because he was gay or a mutant but simply a celebrity.but eventually did.
    In this makeshift team he clashed with a homophobe named Paulie Provenzano.
    Their differences were put aside when Jean-Paul saved Paulie's life during the fight with Magneto.
    After the event, with Xavier rescued and Magneto stopped he left along with the rest of the makeshift team.

Uncanny X-Men #414 -
    Xavier attemots to recruit Jean Paul to become a Business & Economics tutor for the school.
    Whilst considering the offer Jean Paul attends a mission with the X-Men involving a child at the onset of puberty and his mutant powers, which are killing him.
    Jean Paul is unable to save the child and decides to teach at the school to be able to save more.

Uncanny #415 - Northstar recouperates, develops "crush" on Iceman.
    Premiers new suit/costume to fit in with new team and costumes.
    Realises that Iceman is straight and that "some loves just aren't meant to be".

#416 (This is where the run goes downhill) -
    Small appearance, nothing of note.

#417 - Small appearance, clarifies he is from Quebec, not France + small appearance on cover.

#418 - 419 Small appearances

#420 - Uses Light Powers to temporarilly blind enemys.

#422 - Northstar faces off against AF who seem suprised to see him at the X-Mansion. He takes pleasure in taking down Guardian.
    Reveals that Mac taught him how to disable his suit during their years together, which proves his undoing.

New X-Men #140 - Small appearance on cover.

New Mutants (2) #2 - Teaching Flight Class.

UXM #425 - Attends Polaris' hen party. Declares Gambit "A spicy Cajun dish with some seriously hot buns."

UXM #431 - Xavier pulls Northstar out of a flight class (unseen) to fly Juggernaut to Canada to see Sammy(the child AF were sent in to take home in 421-422). Here he engages in yet more banter about the nature of sexuality.

UXM #432 - Small appearance.

UXM #433 - Works in co-operation with AF(in new armour! woo!) to save civilians (Sammy's parents). Takes charge of situation and gives orders to Mac & Heather (While Walt goes on a rage filled rampage)

UXM #434 - Small appearance.

New Mutants (2) #7 - Is revealed as being an advisor to a student, Josh Foley

#8 - Julian Keller, another of Jean-Paul's students transfers advisors to Emma Frost.

Weapon X #18 - Considers the Weapon X program have something to do with his sister's disappearance from "whispers" he's heard recently.

UXM #437 - Small appearance on cover only.

Covers of note; Uncanny #392, #414, #431

Thank you all! That's so much great info, I'm certain I can fanish off my bio for him now!

You guys rock,

Ben

I think I've assembled all the info into something coherent. I didn't get into too much detail, but I think I bluffed it okay.

http://www.alphaflight.net/character...tar/index.html

Ben