Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliber

Default Caliber

Since you guys are adding bios to this site, I ran into this the other day...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ca...lphaflight.htm

They also have a "Major Mapleleaf 1" entry too.

From the timing od his appearances, I always thought he had a connection to Delphine Courtney

The first time he appeared, he was acting on his own. The second time around, the consensus was that Delphine Courtney arranged his escape from prison so she could re-introduce herself as Mac. I don't think that Caliber was aware of Courtney at any time and was just a pawn.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

So the Major is Canadians first mutant. And our version of Captain America. Well I'm glad he isn't to much of a copy of Cap but enough is different in their characters so he stands out on his own.
    Richard Vasseur

Caliber was fun in that lame supervillan cannon fodder way. He was more pompous than Dr. Doom yet kept getting his butt handed to him by Alpha.

Does anyone remember the name of the Villian who was very similar to Caliber, he hung around outside Avengers mansion and was treated with such disdain, that all the team bar She Hulk just ignored him. She battered him senseless?

I think he now actually works for te Avengers, or did during 'The Crossing Line'
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't remember that villian. But there are a few pretty lame villians. Stilt Man, Obnoxous the Clown, Paste Pot Pete.
    Richard Vasseur

Paste Pot Pete wasn't that bad. At least when he was known as the Trapster. Sure he got his butt handed to him but wasn't as bad as some others. My favorite weirdo villain though is Doctor Bong, no not that kind of bong, he had a bell on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    Paste Pot Pete wasn't that bad. At least when he was known as the Trapster. Sure he got his butt handed to him but wasn't as bad as some others. My favorite weirdo villain though is Doctor Bong, no not that kind of bong, he had a bell on his head.
    I vaguely remember Paste Pot Pete working alongside The Wizard (sp), Mentallo and a couple of others against the FF. (Sinister Six, or was that Spider who fought them). As re Doctor Bong, there is a great issue of Deadpool, where Bong becomes Deadpools psychologist. Gotta agree though he is lame.
    Del

P3 was a member of the Frightful Four alongside the Wizard, Medusa (of the Inhumans) and (i believe) Absorbing Man (not sure on the last one).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I remember the Frightful four against FF. At one time it was The Wizard, Mentallo, P3 and a technical type who wore a greenish armour, The Fixer or something.
    Del

I didn't mind P3 once he became the Trapster. But his power as P3 was throwing handfuls of clay. Not much of a power. When he went to the negative zone he looked good there.
    Richard Vasseur

Yeah Paste Pot Pete was badass when they went into the Negative Zone. Was able to restrain Annihilus.

The Green Tech guy probably was Fixer since he and Mentallo were partners for a while. Though I never learned to appreciate Fixer until Thunderbolts but I liked him much better as the human Fixer than the mechanical Techno.

Wasn't Frightful Four Wizard, Trapster, Medusa and Sandman, not absorbing man?

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Wasn't Frightful Four Wizard, Trapster, Medusa and Sandman, not absorbing man?
    Possibly. Never claimed to know for sure.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine