Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emailer Errors on posting replies to existing threads

Default Emailer Errors on posting replies to existing threads

There were a few errors comming off the forum in regards to emailer.php, I believe I have resolved the problem, any post that were made while this was happening still posted fine, but post notification via email may not have been working. If byt chance you see any more of this folks, just let me know,

Ben

I was wondering why I was getting an errer message when I posted. I'm not now and I did just get an e-mail notification about a respone to a thread I posted on. So it seems to be fine now.
    Richard Vasseur

I've gotten that a few times last night and today. I've noticed that the post DOES go through so it's okay... last night I ended up double posting because of it... but I got that cleared. So it's no biggie... but just wanted to let you know that is occuring still. it could just be a fatal TODD error. as in technology buggers up when I'm involved...

I haven't had one in a few days so maybe its vanished. It could have fixed itself. Or maybe Madison Jefferies paid a visit.
    Richard Vasseur

hmmmm, 'tis odd indeed, I thought I fixed it.

Maybe you did since I haven't seen one in a few days. You can be the Madison Jefferies of Alpha Waves.
    Richard Vasseur

cool! I just have to think about fixing things and it's done! No more waiding through hip deep code!!! Whoohoo!

I notice a few of the topics that I am suppose to be getting an e-mail reply when someone responds to them I am not. Are there problems with that?
    Richard Vasseur

what is one of those threads? I'll do some testing.

Ok I don't see those threads anymore. Never mind.
    Richard Vasseur

Okay, I think I finnally got this error licked for good, please let me know if anyone sees it again.

Thanks,

Ben

saw it again on 'games' and then it didn't show on 'alpha talk'...it's being finicky tonight...err this morning.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I haven't seen it for a few days. It doesn't seem like much of a problem even when it does occur.
    Richard Vasseur

Ben, have you thought of using carrier pigeons if the e-mailer goes wonky again?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

They'd have to be big bloody carrier pidgeons, considering the dispersal of members around the globe of this list!

I asked a mate in I.T. about it and she said it is more then likely the host having a hiccup.
    Hell was full, so I came back.