Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zed Flight, My Arse!!

Exactly.

And an ideal way to get new talent in.

The Wildchild/Puck/Northstar tales from MCP may not have been great, but added a little bit to the AF mythos, and were fun, easy, quick reads.

That's all fine and dandy.... now how do we propose this to Marvel? God knows they have a difficult time listening to fans when it comes to either creating new books or revamping old ones...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Heh, I don't expect it to happen, I'm just suprised it hasn't.

Tying up loose ends come on were talking about Marvel Comics here. I wonder what ever happened to Woodgod? The Canadian government was experimenting on him last I saw. I liked him and was hoping to see him in Alpha Flight.
    I wonder what ever happene to Windshear and Ghost Girl?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I wonder what ever happene to Windshear and Ghost Girl?
    Windshear was seen in #43 of Thunderbolts, he was running an art type shop where he sold sculptures made using Hard Air. (Don't ask me, hard air sculptures are beyond my bizarre logic
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ok so where is Ghost Girl?
    Maybe Windshear could make a come back. Add in Wyre, Persauson. A few more and you have a team.
    Richard Vasseur

Not really sure about Ghost Girl after the demise of vol 2, but most probably back at Hull House with Ouija, Flinch and Flex. Only Flex is worthy of being bought back IMO
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I quite liked Ghost Girl - from the little we saw of her. I liked her name, it was very Legion of Super-Heroes! I also thought her relationship with Flex was cute.

Windshear never really reached his potential, was never really sure what the point of him was - which is a shame because on the rare occasions (I think twice) we learnt anything about his background it seemed kind of interesting. To be honest the character was so insignificant that a lot of the time I forgot he was even a member! (So has he retired from the Super-Hero business then?)

I'd like to see Talisman return in some capacity, I think she had a lot of potential, but after the whole Llan saga she wasn't really used properly.

To be honest, I really didn't like any of the new characters introduced in Vol 2, Flex being the best of a bad bunch. I won't even talk of pseudo-Northstar-angst-ridden Radius

I think we can safely assume that Windshear has gone from the super hero fraternity, but he didn't really bring a lot to the team, but was a pretty good character.

I'd like to see Talisman return in some way, maybe not playing the hero, but as Shamans daughter. With Shaman and his heir 'Earthmover', AF don't really need another mystical type.
    Del

Maybe she could come back as a tutor for Beta Flight? Or do you think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves now...

I think we've probably seen the last of Ghost Girl and all the others. It kind of sad in a way, I wonder what AF would have been like today if the second series had been allowed to continue? At the end of the day it wasn't really as bad as it could have been.

Oh and do you think we've seen the last of Manbot???

manbot that has to be the worst character they have come up with. He was so slow. The fight was always almost over by the time he reacted. I saw no reason for him even being there.
    Richard Vasseur

I always forgot Manbot, I never care for him.

I think people are waaaaaaay too harsh on the second series. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thoroughly. I wish it hadn't ended, because I loved all the veterans in it and all the rookies.

I started liking vol2 when Rouleau came on bord. Seagle seems to have better stories and even if Rouleau art was strange, it was powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I always forgot Manbot, I never care for him.
    Manbot always reminded me of Robocop Two, that drug addict who had his En-grams overprinted onto a robotic body. I don't think there was anything organic about Manbot, just brainwaves on a chip in a body(a box body to boot).
    Del