Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zed Flight, My Arse!!

Well its hard to come up with enough Canadian super-heroes to form a team. Outside of Alpha Flight members there are not a whole lot around. Not when you compare say to American super-heroes that seem to be everywhere.
    Richard Vasseur

Well, it could be fun to see Captain Kébec with Captain Canuck, considering how captain Kébec looks like

So how about some new heroes based on Canadian myths. Ogopogo, well we have Sasquatch for the Big Foot myth, Nopi the trickster from the Blackfoots, Sedna from the Ekimos who could control the sea and its creatures. Maybe they could be used as a bases to create new heroes.
    Richard Vasseur

I think "Weapon P.R.I.M.E." should change their name to "Delta Flight" and any reject heroes from Canada could call themselves "Lamda Lamda Lamda Flight"

So what are the chances of Alpha Flight ever getting as many spinoffs as the X-Men? About as much as America Beer being real Beer when compared to Canadian Beer.
    Richard Vasseur

well, if Lobell has his way....

Well, AF certainly has had enough characters for at least 5 or 6 teams, remember when the Flight had what was it? 19 members???

Personally I like the sound of Omicron Flight

I remember when Wire was there I don't think he ever officially joined the team but I liked his character. His power was different and he was a tough guy.
    Richard Vasseur

I' like to see this Alpha Flight have several comic series. With them all trying in with one another. The original main group staying as the main team in one comic. Than having several with spin off groups that interact with the original and operate out of the same place. With members of each team occassionally crossing over and helping out te other teams when they are needed. The one team being made up of :
    Sasquatch
    Guardian
    Vindicator
    Earthmover
    Puck
    Snowbird
    Shaman

Than use other members like the new ones that just joined plus Wire, Purple Girl, Wild Child(bring him back as Weapon Omega), Box with Madison Jefferies in the suit. Aurora and Northstar on the same team. I'd love to see somehow Marrina return. Give them some good villians like bringing back the Master and also Scramble. Have them face off against some well known major villians as well. And we could have some series to revival the X-titles.
    Richard Vasseur

I think "Theta Flight" has a nice ring to it. But I agree, Alpha should get more exposure book wise. Not necessarily another monthly, but every so often have a mini-series or two featuring other characters and teams. Alpha has such a great array of characters it's a shame most are hanging around in "Marvel Limbo"!!!

They are in Marvel Limbo isn't that the dimension ruled by Magic? lol
    A few limited series would be nice. I'd love to see Puck all on his own. Maybe show how he first captured that demon that made him a dwarf. Or show how he got rid of it. Some adventures of Husband and wife Guardian and Vindicator might be good.
    Richard Vasseur

Near as I can tell from what everyone's saying, what we need is an 'Alpha Flight Unlimited', using the current format that X-Men Unlimited is using. Basically, a book that uses snapshot stories to delve out old, underused or unused characters, giving them more life. Maybe this is a spin-off title that Lobdell should consider instead of the aformentioned (and joked about) 'Zed Flight'.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I say forget X-Men Unlimited, forget Spider-man Unlimited, forget countless low selling mini's, forget 'ongoing' series that get cancelled after 6 issues, just bring back a Marvel Comics Presents format type book, that doesn't matter if it gets lower sales.

Dude, that's one heck of a good idea! It's the type of book that they could forget about getting really high sales, make it good quality, and have it appeal to different people all the time. It would help to keep fans loyal, and interested. Also would be a great way to tie up all the years of loose ends with all the bazzilion characters out there.