Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zed Flight, My Arse!!

Default Zed Flight, My Arse!!

Really, we all know (from 'Beneath The Planet Of The Apes') that Alpha is the beginning and Omega the end. So far we've had an 'Alpha Flight', a Beta, Epsilon, Gamma and Omega Flights. Does anyone know enough of the greek alphabet to figure out how many more Flights there could be.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

har har, I think that was scott just coining a phrase, or making a play on words. Just as I really doubt that "Uncanny Alpha Flight" will actuall go by that name if it gets printed.

I know, I was just being pedanatic, as is my want. That said however
    Alpha, Beta, whats next in the greek alphabet, I believe it's Ceti, or somthing bizare like that.

Oh well, of to work
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I figured as much, but it was still a good point of conversation

Delta is next BTW

Ben

assuming we limit ourselves to the Greek phoenetic alphabet, the most we could have is 24 flights
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

WOHOO! bring 'em on! Funny that they skipped Delta, right on to E-psilon

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota, Kappa, Lamda, Mu, Nu, Xi, Omicron, Pi, Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega

This is a list of the entire Greek Phoenetic Alphabet

I like the sound of Iota Flight, that would be a good one for Alpha Flight Jr.

What, no 'Mu Flight'??

( trying to erase the mental images of flying cows from his head...)

Well if they wanted to sell more books I'd think they'd have to go with
    Xi Flight.

Kappa Flight sounds like some awful sorority/fraternity!

Default flights

I think if they had another version of Alpha Flight with new members for the whole team it should be based on Canadian super-heroes that already exist or on ones from Canadian mythology. Captain Canuck would make a great leader, Fleur De Lys, Captain Canada, Mademoiselle, Northguard, Canada Jack and Capitaine Kebec could make up the team. All these heroes could make a come back.
    Richard Vasseur

Default Re: flights

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I think if they had another version of Alpha Flight with new members for the whole team it should be based on Canadian super-heroes that already exist or on ones from Canadian mythology. Captain Canuck would make a great leader, Fleur De Lys, Captain Canada, Mademoiselle, Northguard, Canada Jack and Capitaine Kebec could make up the team. All these heroes could make a come back.
    The only problem with that line up is, tho, it's chalk-full of Captain America wannabes (by that I mean iconographic characters meant to humanise an ideology, like Cap is to 'truth, love, and apple pie'), and frankly would turn ppl off if they consisted purely of icons.

Plus, having three 'captains' would be just ... wrong. If, however, they all appeared in different titles and spin-offs, that would work.