Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Father For Flex?

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    I actually kinda had a theory that Colossus was Flex's father. Stay with me on this. Colossus did have an illegitimate child in the Savage Land and I got the impression that the legacies (what they called Flex, Radius, Murmur and Ghost Girl) were artificially aged since their memories obviously were false.
    In addition to that, Colossus' son was in a dimension where time moved differently. He could've pulled a Magik and aged in a very short time.

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

Magik, you'll do anything to squeeze your handle in won't ya?

Not that I am complaining, I agree that there is no real reason that Magik can't return, considering that Limbo is transtemporal, and despite that the orig New Mutants may have rescued baby illyana, Magik could still be there (check out the last panel of X-Men Unlimited 20-ish, where Nightcrawler had to go to Limbo to rescue Margali/Amanda!)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Magik, you'll do anything to squeeze your handle in won't ya?
    Noticed that, did you? Anything to plug Illyana. The more she's talked about, the more likely it is for her return, I say. :grins:

Not that I am complaining, I agree that there is no real reason that Magik can't return,
    You're my new best friend for that, HC!

considering that Limbo is transtemporal, and despite that the orig New Mutants may have rescued baby illyana, Magik could still be there.
    Now, I could go on and on about this subject, (as I have in many a post before on other message boards.) but considering this is an Alpha Flight board, I'll try my best to keep myself on topic.

I'll just say this though, the condensed version. The baby Illyana was inside the armor at the end of New Mutants #73. The teenage Illyana had already vacated the armor by that time. We saw that on panel. She's out there, and she needs to come home!

(check out the last panel of X-Men Unlimited 20-ish, where Nightcrawler had to go to Limbo to rescue Margali/Amanda!)
    That would be X-Men Unlimited #19. - I about died when I saw that last page! :laugh:

You know, actually, if I really wanted to stretch it, I'm on topic! If Flex is Peter's son, that'd be Illyana's nephew! \/ (Woo! Loophole. )

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

My theory by Ann Elk (Python fans should get the connection). Anyways, in regards to Wolvie being Flex's dad, don't really work. Wolvie's metal is not part of his biological make-up, it was an added extra. Colossus works, techno-organic transformation is very similar to what Flex did, but just as a could be, maybe we should be looking closer to Alpha for Flex's pa.

Lionel Jeffries (when not starring in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) was an organomorph, basically able to rearrange organic materials, Maddison Jeffries is a technomorph, able to rearrange metal and other technological material. Flex has a power that by no stretch of the imagination is a combination of the two, which to me suggests that he has the Jeffries D.N.A.

So Who's the daddy?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default I think we are missing one factor here...

All because Flex has powers radically different from Wolverine does not exclude him as a potential father. If anyone cares to recall Wild Thing, the short lived M2 series about Wolverine's daughter, she had psychic energy claws, even though according to the story Electra (someone with no actual superpowers) was her mother. Plus there's the fact that Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique, yet his powers are different from hers even if they have a similar appearance.

True Flex's father could be anyone. My secondary theory was that Flex maybe is Madison Jeffries son, he did kinda have a fatherly role with Flex when it all started. And Dept H probably did have some DNA around to clone him or something. All it takes is a writer to tell the story.

Another thing that really has nothing to do with anything about Flex possibly being Colossus was his attraction to the local phasing girl Ghost Girl. Cuz in my mind Colossus and Shadowcat were totally meant to be they were just always screwed up at the around each other. Maybe Flex-y-boy was just taking after his pops.

I guess I'm one of the few that like the idea of Flex being Logan's son. I'd love to see a story of Flex actually meeting Logan for the first time.

They have met, and fought.

Default Re: I think we are missing one factor here...

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    All because Flex has powers radically different from Wolverine does not exclude him as a potential father. If anyone cares to recall Wild Thing, the short lived M2 series about Wolverine's daughter, she had psychic energy claws, even though according to the story Electra (someone with no actual superpowers) was her mother. Plus there's the fact that Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique, yet his powers are different from hers even if they have a similar appearance.
    I'm not disputing that Wolvie could be the father of Flex, just that if we follow logic, then Maddy or Scramble is more likely to be the dad. Maddy and Lionel both have mutant powers that could explain Flex. Wolvie doesn't.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    I guess I'm one of the few that like the idea of Flex being Logan's son. I'd love to see a story of Flex actually meeting Logan for the first time.
    I agree. Yeah, Ben's right, they have met and fought- but, it'd be different for them to meet and speak to each other after a revelation that they're related.

Never mind who his father is, what about his MOTHER???

Maybe Wanda Langkowski???? With Walter as his father... I'm not sure how it's possible... but if anyone can, they win a famous No prize!!!

His mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

Could have been anyone, Wolvie has travelled the world, Maddy and Scamble did like wise. Oh it's hard to work out, maybe it was Mac on his off day from changing the world ?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Oh it's hard to work out, maybe it was Mac on his off day from changing the world ?
    Nah, I think he was dying that day, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Oh it's hard to work out, maybe it was Mac on his off day from changing the world ?
    Nah, I think he was dying that day, instead.
    What, Mac dying, not like him
    Del

What, Mac dying, not like him
    Indeed, it'd just be rude and inconsiderate to die more than once...