Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Father For Flex?

Hybrid View

Default A Father For Flex?

Okay, just finished reading all issues of vol.2 (bar the annual) and one question remains... who was Flex's father????

In the final few issues Flex/Adrian comes close to talking to several characters about who he's found out his father to be but he never actually gets around to telling us who!!!!

Have I missed something vital here? And if not do we EVER find out elsewhere who sired Flex???

It was intended to be Wolverine but was never actually revealed in print though, so no-one.

Wolverine! Wow - he was the last person I was expecting. I actually thought he would be Mac's son (although which Mac I have no idea!).

Also the way the series ends we never learn anything of Madisons fate - is that revealed elsewhere or does he just show up in Weapon X? And what of the other Zodiac (I thought they were kinda cool - but I could be the only one!)? And also we don't know if Lil suffered any harm from the bacteria she was subjected to in that tank - I thought we might at least see her at the end consious if not fully recovered!!!

Yeah, there were a couple of hints; in the preview art for the series, and over in UXM which Seagle was writing at the time.
    I found out in an interview after the series ended though, if I remember correctly.

As to Madison and Lil... Weapon X indeed.

Madison's rescued from the Zodiac in #1 and given storytime throughout the series (plus the next issue (#22) focuses on him and Aurora), whereas Lil is just seen in the Neverland death camps in #5 with no fill in from the end of vol.2.

Poor Lil, she's had a bit of a rough trot recently - being in a death camp must pretty much suck!

Has Flex been seen since AF finished? And what about Murmer and Radius? (I heard that Radius was dead or something?). I doubt poor old Ghost Girl (who I rather liked) will ever see the light of day again and there's even less chance that Ouija or Flinch will!

Whatever became of cloned Mac btw? Did I hear somewhere that he ended up killed?

Oh and as for Manbot... I thought he was quite interesting, but I think he may have blown up at the end of the series, or maybe he was away being repaired or something...

Of course the biggest question left unanswered is if Radius needed a special device to eat because of the ever present forcefield how did he ever cut his hair, shave (if he ever did) and more importantly how did he go to the toilet!!!!!

Looking forward to the Madison/Aurora issue of Weapon X btw.

Radius was in Banshee's X-Corps over in Uncanny X-Men (I think) #401, 403 and 405 which is where he gets buried alive by Avalanche.

Clone Mac died in Wolverine #143.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Of course the biggest question left unanswered is if Radius needed a special device to eat because of the ever present forcefield how did he ever cut his hair, shave (if he ever did) and more importantly how did he go to the toilet!!!!!
    It was shown if Alpha Flight (vol.2 naturally) #7 That Radius does indeed need a device to eat. I think the device works by disintegrating the food substance, and then he inhales it. It's been a while, and I'm still rereading that series (among other things).

And as far as Flex was concerned...my whole thought about him was that he was Madison's son. It seems, to me, that they were hinting more to that than to Wolverine.

MHO,
    -Mystic

I likes Flex. BRING BACK FLEX!

The funny thing that Radius uses to eat is... well, funny. I wish I had my comics here with me :/

Phil, regarding:
    Yeah, there were a couple of hints; in the preview art for the series, and over in UXM which Seagle was writing at the time.
    (boldface by me, for emphasis) What were the hints in Uncanny? I was still reading Uncanny regularly at the time, and never picked up on any.

Quote Originally Posted by gorejeja
    What were the hints in Uncanny? I was still reading Uncanny regularly at the time, and never picked up on any.
    Uncanny #353 - Rogue scans Wolverine's mind and mentions him having a son.

Thanks, Phil. When I go home to my comic book collection, I'm going to have to go look that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Uncanny #353 - Rogue scans Wolverine's mind and mentions him having a son.
    Actually, that was in a dream Rogue was having... although she HAS spent a lot of time absorbing Logan, so it's POSSIBLE that was a repressed memory she'd been harbouring, tho I think it was just her subconscious acting out...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Yes, but my point was that it was still Seagle laying down a hint.

Logical, but given Logan's age (100+ years, next confirmed oldest person i can think of is Puck), he could have a son who's in his 80's... I'm not debunking Seagle laying teh ground work for Adrian to be Logan's kid (which would be interesting, considering Adrian's apparent age), but simply stating that that notion could go any what possible...

Along teh same lines, Logan's kid could be anyone from Wild Child (based on similarities in abilities) to Professor X's maternal father (which WOULD be an interesting turn of events). In fact, based solely on what's been printed, not including possible interviews or conjectures, Adrian is no where near similar to Logan, aside from the sharp metal angle, which completely different - Logan's was injected into him artificially to coat naturally occuring claws, whereas Adrian has ferromorphic abilities, able to transform his body into metal. Mind you, no one ever said that inherited mutations had to be lateral to that of the progenitors....

... so what's my point? No clue, I lost that a long time ago. If you find it, please call 555-DOPE. All rewards are in Monopoly money....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Flex's biological parents was a subplot I wish had a conclusion. Flex and Radius were two characters from vol 2 that grew on me as that series went on. It's a shame that Radius was killed, in my opinion, he had potential. I would like to know the "status" of Flex's real parents though.

I actually kinda had a theory that Colossus was Flex's father. Stay with me on this. Colossus did have an illegitimate child in the Savage Land and I got the impression that the legacies (what they called Flex, Radius, Murmur and Ghost Girl) were artificially aged since their memories obviously were false. When Flex discovered that Radius was the son of Unus the Untouchable and then later that they weren't even brothers he told the others that they wouldn't believe who his father was. To me this means that the person in question was someone they would be familiar with and I figure they would have studied the files for X-men since they're who Alpha Flight seems to go up against most. Now granted the similarities in powers and the fact that Colossus does have a son out there somewhere are my main points I think that would be cool. Specially touching now that Colossus is dead. So basically I figure the department somehow found out about Peter's son and made him into their own agent.