Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NitPicking

Nitpicking; one of the most annoying things about Alpha Flight is the way especially in the first run that they always had Puck saying "Eh" after his sentences. Can you imagine someone actually doing that.
    Richard Vasseur

I guess you haven't spent much time on the east coast, eh?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Nitpicking; one of the most annoying things about Alpha Flight is the way especially in the first run that they always had Puck saying "Eh" after his sentences. Can you imagine someone actually doing that.

I live in Ontario so I have been near the middle. Do they really talk like that on the east coast. Weird.
    Richard Vasseur

I wouldn't so much say that it's a standard, there are a lot of different accents and speach patterns throughout the merritimes. Take PEI (My Home) It's very small, but by the accent of somone, you can tell what part of the island they are from. I personally do say "eh", not as much as Puck, but it's definately a word I use. It's commonplace enough that you don't even notice it.

Well when I first saw it used in Alpha Flight I thought it was some American slang that for some reason was just being added in. A few years ago I actually did meet a person that talked that way. And they were annoying.
    Richard Vasseur

[quote="Ben"]I guess you haven't spent much time on the east coast, eh? [quote]

... or the West coast... or the Territories... Devine knows I use 'eh' more than enough when I talk (then again, to tie into Ben's comment, I was raise by newfies...)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

So then I am lucky and I ended up in the one place where they do not speak like that in Canada. I got lucky.
    Richard Vasseur

Ben as a favour to us old codgers, anyway after you've moved a thread, you could lock down the original, cos I get confused easily.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

as in, you would prefer I don't leave a shadow of it behind? I do tha so that those who opened the thread don't think it was deleted.

Ah, I thought there was a way a thread could be locked down, so it could be read, but not posted to. Shows what I know.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Not in this scenerio, because all that's left in the former location is a link to the thread in it's new location. There is still just one copy of the thread. Does that make sense?

Ben

Yes it makes perfect sense, and that's what I find worrying
    Del

when I start making sense, it sure is time to worry!

Where am I, who am I, who took my pants?

*Ben wanders off dazed*

'You've been dazed and confused, for so long it's not true,
    A hard hearted woman etc...'
    Del