Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Alpha Flight Drinking Game

Default New Alpha Flight Drinking Game

Some of you old-timers (like me) may remember the old Alpha Flight Drinking game. I thought it might be fun to bring it back to life. Perhaps we could tie in the new series. As suggestions are made, I'll edit this top post to include them.

How do you play this game? Simple. Read an Alpha Flight comic book (or appearance in another comic book) and follow the rules below. Have a good supply of your beverage of choice with you. Take only one drink unless it says otherwise. (For those under age, or those who don't like alcohol try chocolate milk).

• Every time Sasquatch get frustrated with one of the new members - 1 Drink
      Every time Puck (New or Old) says "eh" - 1 Sip

What about everytime Puck says "eh" you have to take a sip - this would work for original and all new Puck!!!

Every time Northstar says "I'm gay!", beat the writer with a stick, then chug.

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by suzene

Suzene
    You're "teh funni", as the kids are all saying lately.

How about every time a chara from another comic doesn't realize that Northstar's gay (despite writing a book, saying "I'm gay" so much, et cetera), we shake our heads and *facepalm* before the chug?

Quote Originally Posted by gorejeja

Suzene
    You're "teh funni", as the kids are all saying lately.

How about every time a chara from another comic doesn't realize that Northstar's gay (despite writing a book, saying "I'm gay" so much, et cetera), we shake our heads and *facepalm* before the chug?
    Not nearly violent enough. I've figured out that pain, public humilation, and, of course, not buying the book are the best ways to get through to writers these days. Preferably the first two.

Back to the game -- each time the colorists show Northstar as having white hair, while his twin sister over in Weapon X has black, take two drinks.

Suzene

Back to the game -- each time the colorists show Northstar as having white hair, while his twin sister over in Weapon X has black, take two drinks.
    Yes, I was always greatly confused by the twins' hair colour! I always just presumed that it was meant to be black, but then other times it was white and sometimes a combination of the two! This was made more confusing when I'm sure I read somewhere that it was meant to be a combination of the two - surely that's just GRAY???

Anyway, what about everytime Heather Hudson mentions Mac, being a widow and blaming herself for his death? I shall say one sip for that because it happens so frequently in the original run that if it's more than a sip you could find yourself with a drinking problem!

Any time Nemesis shows up with a new origin, take a sip and an aspirin.

Suzene

Everytime Judd *****es about being too short to win Heather's attention, drink half of whatever you are drinking.... then take two asperins, cause that's gonna hurt later
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Just some suggestions of my own...

Everytime Northstar quits the team, take a drink.

Every time Heather complains about not having any powers, take a drink.

Every time Talisman acts as a deus-ex-machina and saves the team singlehandedly, take a drink.

Every time Alpha Flight loses its funding, take a drink.

Geez, MMJ, just going by your suggestions, we'd all be rushed to the hospital with alcohol poisoning.... good thing I don't drink anymore...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

A few more:

Every time Mac comes back to life: take a drink (cloning counts)
    Every time Aurora switches because she's afraid of the dark: take a sip
    Every time the writer makes a not-so-suble reference to Northstar's gayness: take a sip

Lastly:

Every time a boring mutant is added - replacing a perfectly good classic member - down as much alcohol as you can in one gulp, then pour the remaining drink over your head.

How about pounding a keg everytime Alpha Flight gets cancelled!

MM

Suzene
    Probably just making up for lost open gayness... after, all it was only left implied during both Byrne's and Mantlo's tenures on the series. (Which actually was great... the team had a hero everyone knew was gay anyway, without it being crammed down your thoat. Er, no pun intended... )

As to hair color, the way Byrne did it always looked like jet black with bright, pure white highlights. That -is- the Beaubier's hair color as far as I'm concerned... there was just a whole legion of artists that followed that didn't have a clue how to render it.

Ok, every time Liz Twoyoungmen blames her dad for her life, slam one! Or everytime poppa Mikey gets morose -because- she does it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Their hair was yellow once! (Machine Man #18, I believe).

Every time they decide to go back to the government, take a sip.
    Every time a cool villain gets killed off, pour one out for your homies.
    Every time somebody ignores everything Byrne established, go to AA, or you could end up with a -REAL- problem.

- LM
    "A man's grammar, like Caesar's wife, must not only be pure, but above suspicion of impurity."
    - Edgar Allan Poe