Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Marvel Swimsuit Special!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    EXACTLY! Never mind roping it off, this character facet needs to be walled off with the biggest and hardest bricks possible and NEVER opened up again!!!! Surely this woman has suffered enough???
    "Suffered enough"? Hah! You poor deluded fool! Didn't you know? Marvel thrives on the popularity of the angst = character development fallacy!

Suzene

The problem with Aurora/Jeanne-Marie is that they changed personnalities but kept the same names, but they where not the same. It all depend of which writer was there. Each is own view and many did not knew enough about multiple personality disorder.

I think I remember an interview with Byrne that the idea of the split personality was to explore the entire superhero secret identity thing. Jean-Marie was a school teacher. Aurora wore the costume. The submerged Aurora personality came out in stress, but it was J-M's joining the Flight and donning the costume that brought Aurora to the forefront and an place for her identity over J-M's.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I think I remember an interview with Byrne that the idea of the split personality was to explore the entire superhero secret identity thing. Jean-Marie was a school teacher. Aurora wore the costume. The submerged Aurora personality came out in stress, but it was J-M's joining the Flight and donning the costume that brought Aurora to the forefront and an place for her identity over J-M's.
    As far as i remember it was Aurora that was recruited by Wolvie and subsequently joined the team. Jeanne Marie didnt really know anything about it. Wasn' t it implied in vol 1 issue #2 when she reverted to J-M in the Master's arctic lair that she didnt know Aurora was doing super hero stuff (as well as other *ahem* less heroic stuff with Sas ) until that moment?