Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Swimsuit Special!

Just a couple of q's for clarity;

Beetleblack - Was the Sasquatch image in the same one as the Aurora/Heather one?

Magik - Which issue/year of the swimsuit special was the Northstar/Hector one from?

Cheers in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Beetleblack - Was the Sasquatch image in the same one as the Aurora/Heather one?
    Yes, the images were in the same Swim Suit Special - I'll go and get the issue and check the year/number tomorrow... from the cupboard, of course

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Magik - Which issue/year of the swimsuit special was the Northstar/Hector one from?
    Volume one, issue four, 1995.

Penciler/Inker: Jan Duursema
    Colorist: John Cebollero

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

I wish I could remember issue and vol numbers easily. I remember the comics I have by there covers.
    So has Marvel stopped making the swimsuit comics? I want to see Busty Babe and Shrieker in one together.
    Richard Vasseur

I'll have to get out my old issues of the Marvel Swimsuit. I remember a lot of really hot sexy poses from it. I think the best ever was Mary Jane her first pose.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Magik
    You have but to ask, and ye shall receive.
    Heh...thanks. I was never fond of artists drawing Northstar as this bulked-out, white-haired monstrosity, but the picture does have a sort of interest as a rarity in the Marvel U, at least.

And yeah, they don't do the swimsuit issues anymore, sadly.

Suzene

Suz I think you better look else where if your looking for a guy in Northstar. Unless you plan to try to bring him over to the other side.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Suz I think you better look else where if your looking for a guy in Northstar. Unless you plan to try to bring him over to the other side.
    Actually, if I was looking for a guy, I think I'd be looking somewhere other than at a fictional character that barely breaks into second-tier popularity.

Suzene

Only Second tier? Maybe he'll make a come back and show up in this new series. Than he could make it up to First tier.
    Richard Vasseur

Ask me (and no one has) what JP needs is his own book. Not a limited, but maybe a 12-iss or something
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I think he should just rejoin the group. Once and Alphan always an Alphan.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I think he should just rejoin the group. Once and Alphan always an Alphan.
    I don't agree with you there entirely. yes, I loved him in Alpha, but he's too much of a character to be limited by other characters. Take what happened with him in UXM; he got lost in the shuffle because there were too many characters. Same with everything past the orig Byrne run on AF. To make him stand out more, JP had to be embroiled in massive controversy. but when said controversy began to illicit more awareness and general acceptance, be fell back into old paterns of existence.

Aside from AF 106, and being French Canadian, JP is - as Magneto called him in the 'Eve of Destruction' storyline - (paraphrased) 'just a second-rate Quicksilver'. Which he ain't. he's a unique character, with unique characteristics that ppl put in their books to spark intrigue: "oh my God, there's a gay character in <pick a title>! Wonder if he's gonna snog <pick a character>! <Pick a character> should be gay, and Northstar should be his f***-bunny." Beyond being gay, arrogant (but so is Quicksilver), and Aurora's brother, no writer that I've seen since Byrne gave JP any spotlight to be a good character.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Beyond being gay, arrogant (but so is Quicksilver), and Aurora's brother, no writer that I've seen since Byrne gave JP any spotlight to be a good character.
    Which really is a shame, since the boy has a lot of generally wasted potential. Considering today's political climate, a well-thought-out tale paralleling Northstar's time with the FLQ would certainly be an interesting read.

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by suzene
    Which really is a shame, since the boy has a lot of generally wasted potential. Considering today's political climate, a well-thought-out tale paralleling Northstar's time with the FLQ would certainly be an interesting read.

Suzene
    Marvel Fanfare #28 tried to do just that, but it was a bit of a mish mash and probably did Northstar more damage than good.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!