Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthmover

I dunno, I think he should keep the mohawk, and get himself about a dozzen heavy gold chains. "Ah pitty da foo!"

Is there a good picture in there? I don't suppose anyone has the means to scan me the full page that has his info?

Ben

The picture in that encyclopedia is just a headshot. If you REALLY want a good picture of Chuck, get your hands on Wolverine #179 and #180. 179 has an excellent nearly-full-page spread of him looking rather bad-ass, and #180 is almost exclusively just him and Logan.

BTW, when Shaman bestows a rather bulky totemic necklace onto Chuck in #180, I TOTALLY got that Mr. T vibe!

... would I be a sick bastard if I started up an Earthmover/Map'leaf ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    ... would I be a sick bastard if I started up an Earthmover/Map'leaf ship?
    Without a doubt :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

But what are those magical abilities?
    Richard Vasseur

I think we're going to find out what abilities he has during the first six issues of vol.3

Yep maybe I hope so. He might be an interesting character. Well better than some I'm sure.
    Richard Vasseur

personally, I'm just happy to see the mystical side of Alpha Flight back. It's something that always set it apart from the other teams.

There are other teams that have mystical people. Doctor Druid an Avenger, Dr. Strange a Defender. But Alpha with both Shaman and Tasiman and now Earthmover as well as Snowbird does seen more heavy into mystisim than other teams. And thats a good thing as they can explore things that other teams are not.
    Richard Vasseur

New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    personally, I'm just happy to see the mystical side of Alpha Flight back. It's something that always set it apart from the other teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    There are other teams that have mystical people. Doctor Druid an Avenger, Dr. Strange a Defender.
    And let's not forget Magik in the New Mutants.

(Oh, come on, I may be a newbie here, but I think we all knew I couldn't resist bringing this up. )

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

So how many other mystics would we have to gather so they could bring back the one true Magic? It would be nice but it doesn't look like its ever going to happen.
    Richard Vasseur

From his appearance in Wolverine, it sounded like Earthmover had the potential to be equal in power to Shaman. But, like a lot of people said, nobody really knows anything about this guy other than he likes Hockey and he's a member of Alpha Flight.

Well hopefully in future issues of Alpha Flight we will get the opportunity to learn more about him and his abilities. I like seeing a new hero who has potential to become big time or even semi big time.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Well hopefully in future issues of Alpha Flight we will get the opportunity to learn more about him and his abilities. I like seeing a new hero who has potential to become big time or even semi big time.
    He's probably a nice character and all that, but I'd rather he went back to harassing people with his Mohawk, why have him, when we have a character like Talisman, who is a lot more interesting and has basically the same purpose?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I agree I prefer Talisman to. But I guess a new character could help the comic to gain some popularity if people like him. But I would still like to see Talisman back and being used properly.
    Richard Vasseur

Yay for mysticism. Yay for Talisman. Yay for even Earthmover. The more I think about it the more and more I'd like to see a book that features various marvel mystics all over marvel earth. Doc Strange has his version of 'Charlie's Angels' with Topaz, Jennifer Kale and Satanna in Witches. Shaman has his 'daughters' Snowbird and Talisman and this new guy Chuck. I think they should have a big secret Defenders kinda relationship. Even bring in Ghost Rider or something and you've got quite a few bases covered.

I think the lack of mysticism is something that was a detriment to vol 2 since it is such a large part of so many members. X-Men are mutants, Avengers are premier super-humans from all over the earth, Alpha Flight is Canadian so doesn't need to be purely scientific.