Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthmover

Default Earthmover

I have NO idea who this guy is, and as he's going to be in issue 2 of new AF can anyone please fill me in?

Well, his name is Chuck Moss, and he was gonna be a pro hockey player for the Oilers (I believe) before he learned of his mystical potential. Shaman took him under his wing and he came Shaman's protege. It's been said by Shaman that Chuck's mystical potential is equivalent to that of an Omega-class mutant's mutant powers, so he's got the potential to be really, really powerful. Like Talisman powerful. If you wanna read more about him, check out Wolverine #179-180.

Thanks for that.

Erm, where IS Talisman these days? Anyone know?

Last I heard, she was off studying archaeology. But that was at the end of the first series. God only knows what she's doing now...

I always thought she was underused near the end where she seemed to be negated in favour of Witchfire (a character who seemed to just come out of NO WHERE!). Shame because Talisman had been an important team member in the past.

I was kinda glad that the focus shifted away from Talisman for a while, honestly. She got a LOT of focus during the Mantlo/Hudnall run, and I daresay that it started to lean more on Liz than on the rest of the cast combined for a bit. Even the Talisman needs a little break!

I know it's asking a lot, but with him going to be appearing in AF#3, I really wanna get a bio for him up for those who don't know who he is. Unfortunately I haven't yet gotten theese issues, and only know what I've read. Any chance some generous soul out there could write me a bio for him? Describe his history that we know of, and his powers, a little bit about the issues he appeard in (kinda like I have for the other main character bios) If that isn't enough to ask, I'd also like to get as many decent scans of him as possible. I haven't found the issues here yet, but since I'm gonna be on PEI for the weekend, I'm hoping to find them there.

Thanks all,

Ben

Default Earthmover

Well from what I have seen so far of this character I'm not to impressed. I'll have to wait till I see him in a major battle though.
    Richard Vasseur

He had a major battle in Uncanny X-Men, when they went to get Halibutt Lad. When I say he had a major battle, I mean he was with the team, as in he stood by them, in the sense that they got into a right rumble and he may have done somthing, but I don't remember what, but it was good.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I want to see a battle were he gets to really show off his powers. I saw that one you mentioned and he didn't stand out at all.
    Richard Vasseur

This is what I find strange about the character, he's a member of Alpha, but I haven't even bothered to find out anything about him, only seen him in that story we are talking about and he does nothing for me either. Phil probably knows more of his history than me, but then I know sod all.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well he is shown captive in the current series so maybe we'll see him in action once hes rescued. I hope.
    Richard Vasseur

I'm thinking that his mystical potential may begin with the earth. His codename came from his totem that he discovered while training with Wolverine. He pulled out a worm and Logan told him not to be upset about it cuz the worm is an Earthmover. He used Shaman's medicine pouch when they fought the X-men and used it to create some earth elementals to battle Juggernaut. Other than that I would love to see him do more with his powers too beyond just being Shaman's apprentice.....if he had the same powers why not just use Shaman. Though I could see him fitting in with the new Alpha Flight since he is virtually untouched a writer could do just about anything they want with him.

If his ability is to control the earth maybe he could use it in ways like Terra from the Team Titans used to. And cause Earth Quakes. Open holes in the ground. Maybe he could even merge with the earth like Sandman.
    If he could tap into the earth's magnetic fields he could fly.
    I wonder could be control the creatures that live in the Earth?
    Richard Vasseur

In the "X-men: Encyclopedia" it states that "Earthmover" has - "Vast innate magical abilities". Now all he needs is a decent costume/uniform and to get rid of the "mohawk".