Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Page Preview

Default Four Page Preview

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstl...alpha2cvr.html
    Don't ask me why the text is arse about face on the splash page, or is that just my pc doing that ?
    Oh and somebody on the Awaves mailing list posted that they had read #2 and revealed some interesting news, but unlike them, I will say it is a majorish spoiler.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yay! Just what I wanted, a damn page preview! Thanks, Del!

I really like the reverse imaging from the first big splash page in the first issue... that made me giggle. Also cool to see our veterans again, despite their restraints. I wonder now how Sasquatch avoided this fate? He must've been wearing his Hulkbuster armor.

I'm guessing from snippets that we've seen so far that this is the Plodex at work... does anyone else think that the Master is going to be our villain du jour in the first story arc?

No gripes at all. In fact, I'm more excited now than ever to read #2. Can't wait!

Sorry to double-post, but I just had a thought: has anyone noticed how Clayton Henry seems to have this obsession with drawing really large penises on any of his big-and-furry characters? I've noticed it on Sasquatch, I've noticed it on the werewolves from the Exiles/Uncanny X-Men crossover, and I've noticed it in Exiles itself. Good God, man, why would Jeanne-Marie EVER dump Walter?!

Wasn't sure about the reverse writing, and am to tired to try and interpret it all and re the Penis thing, surley as Sas he would have a large wang. With that in mind, why don't Bruce Banner rip his jeans apart, and I don't think any wang will ever be big enough for Aurora
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I sure wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk's hulk. Then again, I'm still hoping for an Alpha Flight Swimsuit Edition... featuring Major Mapleleaf, wearing absofreakinglutely nothing, holding his Stetson over his crotch. Or not holding it there.

OH MY.

I do believe, (and Phil prob knows more about this, being a mine of AF appearence info) that there is a comic out there with some AF members in swimwear. I think Northstar puts in an appearence.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    I sure wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk's hulk. Then again, I'm still hoping for an Alpha Flight Swimsuit Edition... featuring Major Mapleleaf, wearing absofreakinglutely nothing, holding his Stetson over his crotch. Or not holding it there.

OH MY.
    Oh dear, can this discussion sink any lower???? I'm sickened...

*ahem*

I would love to know where I can see pics of Northstar in a pair of speedos, I actually have a copy of the Marvel Swimsuit special from many many years ago - it holds a special place in my cupboard, as you can well imagine.

Love the preview of the next issue - looking forward to it. Btw, who is the guy with the glasses next to Snowbird? My minds gone blank (possibly due to lewd images of the Hulk's green trouser snake... ).

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Love the preview of the next issue - looking forward to it. Btw, who is the guy with the glasses next to Snowbird? My minds gone blank (possibly due to lewd images of the Hulk's green trouser snake... ).
    i've wondered that too since he was shown in Uncanny 120-something-or-other (the only AF appearance I have before the armour debacle).

Re: the Hulk, nevermind why they don't get destroyed... I wanna know how many pairs of purple pants Bruce Banner owns!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The guy in the glasses (and why he has glasses, I have NO idea) is Chuck Moss, a.k.a. Earthmover.

i guess marvel started sending advance issues to tease customers on the next weeks releaes, but my shop had #2 sitting on a display shelf. i tryed in vain to get them to sell it to me with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I do believe, (and Phil prob knows more about this, being a mine of AF appearence info) that there is a comic out there with some AF members in swimwear. I think Northstar puts in an appearence.
    *cough*Marvel Swimsuit Special #1 Aurora, Sasquatch
    Marvel Swimsuit Special #2 Aurora, Northstar, Persuasion
    *cough*

I unfortunatly can't find any Marvel Swimsuit Specials.

The reverse imaging is wicked creative, really digging that.

The fifth page, fourth not including the recap page, is over at Comics Continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    *cough*Marvel Swimsuit Special #1 Aurora, Sasquatch
    Marvel Swimsuit Special #2 Aurora, Northstar, Persuasion
    *cough*
    Sorry, didn't quite hear that?

Do you have a scanner* btw?

(*The thing that scans pictures into your computer, not a psi-powered assasin that can make men's heads blow off in spectacularly 80s fashion! LOL.)

Btw, is this picture partial evidence of why we may never see Puck in a swimsuit special? Seems that 'little man' might not always equal 'little man'! What IS Puck's arm leaning on??? Answer on a postcard to the usual address, kids! smuttybeetle@cupboardlover.net

*ahem*