Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Toys

Default Alpha Toys

Hey all, I hope I'm not the only one who has the Alpha Flight toys around here. . I have all six of the double release ones, but I need to find the Toy Fare Exclusive Gaurdian I love the Sasquatch one and the Snowbird one the best.

Also to be fun, what Alpha toys would you want to buy?

I have the Sasquatch/Vindicator and the Northstar/Aurora ones, but it's almost impossible for me to find someone selling Snowbird/Puck by itself. I think they're great figures and they absolutley need to come out with more in the line. Perhaps these would make great double packs:

1. The Master/Marrina
    2. Shaman/Talisman
    3. Flex/Radius
    4. Persuasion/Murmur
    5. Manbot/Box

It's all I can think of right at the moment, but I'll come back and add some more once I think of them.

-Mystic

While looking around on Ebay for it, I found the following:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...69&category=80

but not what yer lookin' for

OOO, that looks really cool.....too bad how expensive it is

I'd like to see a Box figure and a puck figure thats somewhat posable.

Does anyone on here ever make any Alpha Flight mods? I'd love to see some.

I've got a Nemesis figure in the works, but haven't quite figured out how to do a cool cape for her. I'd like to do more, but I need heads (3.75 inch GIJoe scale) to do anything decent for a lot of the team members. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

What line were the Alpha Flight toys you all are talking about from? I saw some pictures of them online, but no other information was available.

I think the thread was originally about the 20th(?) anniversary ones years back.

phil, it's strange to see my quote used as a signature. Took me a while to figure what that quote was doing there
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I remember seeing Walt, Heather and Northstar a while back, I didn't know about Flex and Radius...

Once again, Kyle is so neglected...
    To the best of my knowledge, the only Non-Custom Wildchild figure, outside of Heroclix, is the tiny AOA Wildchild that came with AOA Sabretooth...I snapped that up so fast I got whiplash...
    I've seen some beautiful custom figures of Kyle =D>
    Of course, if they made a figure of Kyle now, it would probably be the Nosferatu look... , It's not so bad when he's in that cool Weapon X blue sleeveless outfit, but in that cloak....{shudder}
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

I was able to track down a full set of the Alpha Flight figures from 1999 online a while back. Got the whole set (still on the cards) for $25US shipped. I'd like to find the Toyfare exclusive Guardian to go with them, but I'll have to wait until I have some more money for those.

As much as I love to Marvel Legends style figures (some of the upcoming stuff is absolutely beautiful!), I've stayed away from them strictly due to their size. However, the Superhero Showdown figures (wave 3 will ship under the name of Marvel Legends Showdown) look bloody fantastic. They're a little bit bigger than GIJoe figures (around 4" instead of 3.75") but wow are they great looking. Between that line, GIJoe and Microman figures I'm hoping to build a nice set of custom Alpha Flight figures and a dream Omega Flight team.

Anyone else out there make custom figures, or collect toys at all?

Don't know if any of you have seen this. But this guy made some sweet Alpha Flight custom figures.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/custo...n13/d15ma1.htm

That Shaman is pretty sweet, I'd like to get my hands on that one.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Those are all pretty nice looking! I don't like the amount of black wash he has on them (makes them look dirty to me) but the sculpting and parts choice is really spot on. I can only hope my smaller size customs turn out half as nicely.

He mentions on that site the the set will be available in early 2006. Are they looking to produce this set? I need to start saving money.