Poll: Who was Heather's ideal man?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlucky in love Heather Hudson and...

Default Unlucky in love Heather Hudson and...

Okay, we all know how much Heather loved Mac and how she took over leadership of Alpha Flight after he died to keep his dream alive blah blah blah... but who do YOU think she should have been paired with ideally?

Remember Puck loved her, Madison loved her, Logan loved her (but then he loves all red heads) and much later on she spoke to Diamond Lil about another man who she was feeling attracted too (although we never discovered who because hey-presto Mac came back from the dead!).

Let the voters decide!

Ummm, although I set up the poll I'm actually torn!

Personally I always thought that Heather and Puck would have been great together - I always found Puck very appealing and thought that if Heather was worth anything she would have looked beyond his height and age, sadly she had other ideas! I also loved her with Madison and was a bit annoyed when they split up - I felt cheated as a reader actually, all that investment we had put into them as a couple and then it's gone in a puff of smoke! I was always intrigued by a conversation she had with Lil close to the end of the run in which she hinted at a man she was interested in, later we see Heather speaking to someone (a man - shirtless) at Department H but we never find out who he was (which is kinda maddening - perhaps they would have developed this if the book hadn't been axed), I think it was Wyre as the torso mose closely resembled his than Kyle who I always thought might be the other contender, but who knows! I also always thought that she and Wyre would have made an interesting couple (hey, he was the closest to Wolverine that AF had!).

I ended up voting Puck btw.

I voted Mac... because I just never liked Heather with anyone else. I think this is a couple that's just meant for each other.

I think Mac is the only one she actually loved. She admitted that she loved Madison, but was not IN love with him, Eugene, sure she liked him enough as a friend, but I don't think he was what she was looking for, and I doubt it was due to his 'impediments', Logan she loved like the older, uglier child she and Mac never had, Kyle I don't think ever even reached her radar screen, Wyre... well, let's not go there. And the only other man she had feeling for was Michael, and that was prolly more like a father, given their history.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

i voted for mac
    "Me so happy, Me want to cry!" -Kevin (Bizzaro Jerry)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Logan she loved like the older, uglier child she and Mac never had.
    I now have an image of Wolverine in nappies (diapers), a bonnet, with a dummy (pacifier) in his mouth being wheeled around in a baby's pram!

I went for Maddy, Mac is a decent sort, but is a little to staid for Heather. Use to be a time she wouldn't have said 'Boo! to a goose', but becoming a widow, taking over the team, becoming a hero etc, gave her a more free spirit, Maddy had that kinda mindset too IMO
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack

I now have an image of Wolverine in nappies (diapers), a bonnet, with a dummy (pacifier) in his mouth being wheeled around in a baby's pram!

He'd be the best there is at what he does... if it was bedwetting.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I went for Maddy, Mac is a decent sort, but is a little to staid for Heather. Use to be a time she wouldn't have said 'Boo! to a goose', but becoming a widow, taking over the team, becoming a hero etc, gave her a more free spirit, Maddy had that kinda mindset too IMO
    Except Maddy started out as a rugged, pug-ugly man who suddenly appeared the handsome hero because Mantlo wanted to pair him with Heather. Free spirit? The man dug ditches because he wanted to psychologically deny being a mutant. I look at Madison's change (you can't even say revamp) as the first subtle sign of Mantlo's disdain for the characters he was writing and precursor to all the damage he later did.

I just thought having Diamond Lil come along and nab Madison from Heather was extremely unconvincing and contrived. I enjoyed the Heather and Madison pairing. Heather didn't really seem to care at all that Madison went off with Lil - although I suppose she did have Mac back later on (until he died AGAIN!).

There was prior history between Mad & Lil that gave their getting back together when she was trying to work for good a certain logic. But the situation could have used some more drama, and more (ANY?) reaction on Heather's part.

Heather should be with her original husband Mac. They were made for each other.
    Richard Vasseur

Color me but I think it would have been a great little twist if she fell for Wyre at the end of Vol 1. I hated Wyre but you could of had the good girl likes bad boy kinda deal going there.

I don't mind good girl liking bad boy. Just not with Heather and Mac. In the X-men they have that with Emma and Scott. With Jean out of the way its not to bad. Unless they bring her back again. And no they shouldn't get rid of Mac again. He died enough times.
    I couldn't really see Heather with Wyre. If she went for a bad boy I'd have prefered Wolverine.
    Richard Vasseur