Thread: In Praise of FanFic

Default In Praise of FanFic

This forum don't seem to get as much traffic as the others, so I thought I'd write a load of bolloxs here and give it a boost.
    ===============
    Fanfic is an underated art, there is a load of stuff out there, that if truth be known is probably better than some of the **** the publishers chuck our way each month. While visiting Net Alpha tonight sorting out a Fic for StevenPaul(SP as he will now be known :- ) ) I re-read a bit of BoND, Sengs Flight 5 work, Allans follow up and some of my earlier stuff. Apart from the latter, the rest is well pucker stuff, well worth a read.

Anyways, let's hear it for Fics eh!!
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Speaking of which, I have a kind-of-Alpha Flight Fanfic, but I want to shove it through the editorial process before I post it anywhere.... any takers?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Speaking of which, I have a kind-of-Alpha Flight Fanfic, but I want to shove it through the editorial process before I post it anywhere.... any takers?
    Scare up Steven Paul on one of his threads, he might be able to help.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

erm, yah sorry about that Alan! I was gonna give it a good critical read before I left Hafiax, but ended up leaving a day early, so didn't get a chance to

LOL, np, Ben... I want to get at least three different perspectives, so I'll still want it when you get back to Halifax... no rush obviously.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine