Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter David, back on The Hulk!

Default Peter David, back on The Hulk!

I just read that Peter David is going to be doing The Hulk again! With that being the case, I think I'll have to start reading it again!

Ben

And he's reportedly doing a mini series from one of the characters from his X-factor days, looking likely to be Quicksilver at the moment...

I don't think I've read any of his work but I would definetly like to see a quicksilver mini.

His run on The Incredible Hulk was one of the best I've ever read.

I'll go back to it if he returns.

Default Hulk!

Well I started getting the Hulk again to to see what it would be like with Peter David. Well I just cancelled it. This comic book can anyone tell me who the star of it is? The Hulk maybe so why is he only on one page an issue. Somebody needs to look at the title of the comic book. It says The Incredible Hulk so where is he? One page only per issue.
    Richard Vasseur

Has David actually started his run yet? I didn't think that was for a few more months...

Your right its Bruce Jones on it now. So Petter can only be an improvement. I mixed them up.
    Richard Vasseur

Good, I'm glad I didn't miss the start of his run on the series, as I'm really looking forward to it.

I wonder if Peter David will have the Hulk on more than one page? And what will he do with all the clones? If hes smart kill them all off. Including Betty or at least decide she is not a clone and come up with a explaination to prove she is not.
    Richard Vasseur

He's not taking over the book, he's writting a mini series.

Oh yah? Darn! Any idea what he'll be writing now that Captain Marvel is done?

Ben

Fallen Angel, The Hulk Mini series, and an X-mini series staring a character he's written before. He also writes some non-big 2 stuff like Spyboy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I believe.. After that, who knows. But, buy Fallen Angel.

So what is Fallen Angel about? A real angel?
    Richard Vasseur

Lee's origin has yet to be revealed. Although, she got the name Fallen Angel from Dolf, the bartender at Furor's. It does appear there may be more to it than there appears. The book does take some religious themes, for instance, the current arc revolves around the Shard, a piece of the crucifix that Jesus was crucified on that has his blood on it.

The main character is Lee aka Fallen Angel, not your average hero, a definate anti-hero. She's not above torturing her enemies and has very little sense of morality. In fact, she's literally sleeping with the enemy. (That'll be explained in the June issue.) She has a dark humour to her and helps out people who are willing to pay for it. More than anything, she provides balance in the city of Bete Noir.

And in many way, the city itself is a lead character. During the day it is a crime free, beautiful city. But don't go out at night. At night criminals run the town and anything can happen.

the main support characters are.

Dolf-the local bartender, a grizzled old man who may or may not be Hitler.
    The Magistrate-Lee's lover, although he's also trying to kill her who runs Bete Noir.
    Black Mariah-A slave trader and Lee's nemesis, her touch drains the life out of people.
    Shadow Boxer-The magistrates enforcer and Mariah's lover (The only person immune to her touch.)
    Asia Minor-The local drug dealer who's had some run ins with Lee, and knows not to mess with her.

It's dark, involving, dramatic with a touch of black comedy.

So who will be the villian in the Peter David series?
    Richard Vasseur