Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

I think I preferred UFO, because it seemed to have more scope story wise than 1999 had.

I was sure your fave character would have been the Disco King himself, Peter Gordino or somthing.

I know they are doing a Thunderbirds at the moment, there's a trailer showing a slightly more futuristic looking 'CGI' Thunderbird 2 landing near the Houses of Parliment. They should do Captain Scarlet, best series Anderson ever did IMHO. The reasons for disliking Terrahawks, crap stories and no strings, where were the strings
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Okay, I've been trying to rake my brains as to who Peter Gordino played but my mind - as it so often does - has come up with a blank! I even did a search on Google and STILL didn't come up with anything, so I would appreciate enlightenment - thanks.

I agree with you totally about Captain Scarlet, not only was the concept quite sophisticated but the puppets were also. I always thought it would have made a great live action series.

I actually haven't heard anything about the Thunderbirds movie for ages. Almost forgotten it was even being made! Did it look any good? I have to say I hate it when movies get CGI'd to death (the latest Star Wars movies spring to mind - but you so DON'T want to get me started on those!!!).

I think I probably enjoyed Terrahawks so much because I remember watching it as a kid and just loving it so much. Also I like the fact that you get to hear Zelda RAPPING in one of the episodes!!! Surely THAT changes your mind??? (I can find a link to download the wonderful ditty if you like...)

Btw, anyone remember Star Fleet - the Japanese puppet show/space opera? I so LOVED that show!!!

Peter Gordino - Captain Peter Carlin!

I found out in the end (but not before I had to go and get my DVDs out and check!).

LOL.

I should actually give the series another try as I don't think I ever finished off watching all the episodes... I think I'll start from 'the sauna' episode again...

I just went and googled the man, which he probably appreciated

Can't do these sodding image things, looks good in practice.

Starting from the sauna scene eh :P :P I've already stopped taking bets on you doing that
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I just went and googled the man, which he probably appreciated

Can't do these sodding image things, looks good in practice.

Starting from the sauna scene eh :P :P I've already stopped taking bets on you doing that
    I believe that's the ONLY pic they have of him anywhere - poor guy.

Well, when you think about it a sauna is just a big wooden cupboard with steam inside, isn't it????

*ahem*

An interesting link...

http://www.supermarionation.net/nsa/.../zelda rap.WMA

IMHO, the only good Zelda is the little pixie fella on the Nintendo systems, all the rest are wannabee's

ThunderBird Movie Info
    Thunderbirds

Director: Jonathan Frakes
    Screenwriter: William Osborne, Michael McCullers
    Distributed by: Universal Pictures
    Theatrical Release Date: August 6, 2004

When dangerous situations exceed the limitations or ordinary military and international security forces, the world calls upon the high-tech assistance of International Rescue--a mysterious band of fearless adventurers and their fleet of awesome, imaginatively engineered vehicles known as: Thunderbirds! Hidden from the world, Tracy Island, a lush patch of land situated in the remote waters of the South Pacific, is home to brilliant entrepreneur and former astronaut Jeff Tracy (Bill Paxton) and his five sons. It is also the headquarters of Tracy's top-secret organization, International Rescue - and it is under siege. Master criminal The Hood (Sir Ben Kingsley) has breached island security, intent on commandeering International Rescue's fleet of five highly advanced rescue vehicles, each designed to accomplish a specific task. Deploying Jeff and his four eldest sons on a mission, The Hood finds his plans obstructed by Jeff's youngest son Alan (Brady Corbet), who will do anything to save the Tracy family and the Thunderbirds.

Cast:
    Bill Paxton, Anthony Edwards, Sophia Myles, Brady Corbet, Soren Fulton, Vanessa Hudgens, Ben Kingsley

Trailers
    Teaser 1 - Macromedia Flash Format
    http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/fil...e5_1_movie.swf
    Windows Media Player
    http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...06eini406b4065

Del