Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: x-men help...

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I just wish we knew where Northstar was heading (possibly comic limbo????) and until we know for sure I'll be sulking in that corner over there *points* with a copy of 'Attitude' featuring our favourite speedster in the buff, expect for a strategically placed maple leaf - erm, make it a LARGE maple leaf!!! (Sorry, that edition only exhists in my head *ahem* ).

Right on. Jean-Paul has more attitude than the entirety of most teams.

I think he'll probably be a regular guest in Academy X if he doesn't have a team. I'd love a return to the Flight, even if it makes no sense character wise.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I just wish we knew where Northstar was heading (possibly comic limbo????) and until we know for sure I'll be sulking in that corner over there *points* with a copy of 'Attitude' featuring our favourite speedster in the buff, expect for a strategically placed maple leaf - erm, make it a LARGE maple leaf!!! (Sorry, that edition only exhists in my head *ahem* ).

Giving Northstar history, I would find it funny to see him with a maple leaf, I would see him a lot more with a lys, but I guess it's one of those subtility that not many people can understand (it's also in my head)

Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    I meant I really don't want it to be Magma.....and Puck is spelt with a capital thank you very much,
    My apologies, no bad feeling was meant...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    It's ok though Phil, I don't know the kricket positions heh heh gotta fly!
    Heh, I knew the positions I just typed the wrong number

Um...what is kricket?I know what Cricket is but not kricket

Heh, I'm guessing it's the same thing but Ben's jokingly belittling one of my nation's sports because I cocked up the UXM url's

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Giving Northstar history, I would find it funny to see him with a maple leaf, I would see him a lot more with a lys, but I guess it's one of those subtility that not many people can understand (it's also in my head)
    I agree there, but that's one of the problems with Alpha Flight, if they were to really truely make it a Canadian team, would so much fly over the head of non-Canadians that it only sold in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I agree there, but that's one of the problems with Alpha Flight, if they were to really truely make it a Canadian team, would so much fly over the head of non-Canadians that it only sold in Canada?
    Definitly!!! I'm just complaining, it feels good sometimes. But I do think, some of those differences could be inderstood, i'm just not sure the writers would write it well, like Seagle mentionning canadian politics and failing to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Uncanny:

Wolverine, Bishop, Sage, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cannoball, Magma(possibly)
    Hey, I thought Magma died awhile back. Did someone give the revolving door of Death a spin again?

Two quick points here...

Syvalois: When Seagle mentioned Canadian politics, I don't think he needed to get it right. Alpha Flight doesn't take place in "our" universe, it takes place in the "Marvel" universe, so he has that liberty that he's able to take there. Does "our" Canada really have a Department H? Does "our" America have S.H.I.E.L.D.? See what I mean?

Legerd: Magma did die in the "Holy War" arc in Uncanny X-Men, but she was resurrected in the next issue by Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Moonstar
    Legerd: Magma did die in the "Holy War" arc in Uncanny X-Men, but she was resurrected in the next issue by Angel.
    To fall into a coma, untill she was revived in New Mutants (2) #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Moonstar
    To fall into a coma, untill she was revived in New Mutants (2) #4.
    Those crazy Healers. Healers are to 2000's as Telepaths were to the 90's.

Actually, Phil, she wasn't revived until New Mutants #7, by new student Josh Foley (soon-to-be Elixir).

Damn, I meant 7...

Sorry, I picked up back issues of both 4 and 7 yesterday and got confused with the numbering.

[quote="Dani_Moonstar"]Two quick points here...

Syvalois: When Seagle mentioned Canadian politics, I don't think he needed to get it right. Alpha Flight doesn't take place in "our" universe, it takes place in the "Marvel" universe, so he has that liberty that he's able to take there. Does "our" Canada really have a Department H? Does "our" America have S.H.I.E.L.D.? See what I mean?quote]

He was making reference to the election taking place in Canada. From what I remebered, he just mixed up the election system we have in Canada or he placed Chrétien in the wrong political party, I don't remembered. It was to epsilon guard talking to each others and I don't remember wich issu. Even if he failed the reference, I like that scene anyway, it was a nice try and not really relevent to the big story.