Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha TPB's

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Mac did recruit questionable people for a super-team, including Wild Child, Aurora and Madison, and kept these issues from the other members, as shown when Sasquarch discovers Aurora's personality issues in the 1st Master storyline #'s Byrne also undercut the whiter-than-white with Mac's intention of moving to NYC in 11 - 12.2-4.
    If you also throw into the mix, Bedlam, Stitch, condoning the blackmail of the Detective (who's name I can never remember), who became Groundhog, being aware (if Deadpool-Death 98 is to be believed) of Department K and the facility that housed Deadpool etc etc...

However, all that said, I don't believe Mac to be overtly nasty or evil, just a very driven man who sometimes overstepped the boundries in pursuit of his goal. Kinda makes him very human and a very deep character.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

However, all that said, I don't believe Mac to be overtly nasty or evil, just a very driven man who sometimes overstepped the boundries in pursuit of his goal. Kinda makes him very human and a very deep character.
    I always kind of figured that others overstepped the boundaries more often, and Mac always chose to stay with the program rather than rock the boat. It's reasonable he thought Dept H could help those such as Stich & Aurora, the way Wolverine was helped. His established crossed line is the use of overt weaponry, such as when he stole the protoype battlesuit, and left it unharmed except for taking back the helmet he designed himself. (Supposedly. I also figure that it may be alien tech he found at one point.)

Default Mac

I think Mac may have brought in some members that could be questionable on the team but most super heroes if you look close enough can be questionable. Even Captain America was a drug user. Superman is an alien. Spider-Man has radiation poisoning. No one is perfect if Mac only had perfect people on the team there would be no team.
    Richard Vasseur

Having scanned through AF Vol 1 2-4 again recently to fact check Plodex, I can across some interesting dialogue, which, to my limited knowledge, was another first for Alpha. When questioning Marrina's attack on Puck, Sasquatch asked why she wasn't given a standard psych test before being allowed to join. My point with Mac is that he seemed to be administering these psych tests, then ignoring him because he needed the powered people.

Yet Sas himself was guilty of hiding information and with messing with Alphan's powers/physicology without permission, so it's a bit of a pot kettle situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Yet Sas himself was guilty of hiding information and with messing with Alphan's powers/physicology without permission, so it's a bit of a pot kettle situation.
    I know of two ocasions he did that, once when he changed Aurora's mutant status :P (Put your mutant in a bath and boil for twenty minutes, or something) and again when he hid Wildchilds psych report to enssure he got into the Dept H program. So I'm with you Phil, definately a pot/kettle situation.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well when you are a super-hero and you work for the government I guess it can happen. You end up doing what you think is best. I think the writers just thought it would make the story more interesting.
    Richard Vasseur

Purloined from 'Lying In The Gutters'

BOOKS, ETC.

Amazon's advance-listings of graphic novels give us some clue for Marvel's upcoming schedules.

December
    "Alpha Flight: You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me"
    ...etc
    ===============
    Nicked from Amazon

Alpha Flight: You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me (Marvel Heroes)
    by Scott Lobdell

List Price: $14.99
    Price: $10.49 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details.
    You Save: $4.50 (30%)
    Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Edition: Paperback

====================

These are often inaccurate, especially when schedule is considered. But there a good guide as to what you might expect to see in the near future.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    These are often inaccurate, especially when schedule is considered. But there a good guide as to what you might expect to see in the near future.
    Considering how fast the TPB's are coming out for X-Men that might not be to off kilter on the release date for AF They only just finished with the 'sleeps with angels' story line in Xmen a couple months back and I have already seen the tpb for it...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

So just out of interest, who's gonna pick up AF TPB's of the new series and collect individual issues as well ?
    Del

So just out of interest, who's gonna pick up AF TPB's of the new series and collect individual issues as well ?
    probably me. lol I don't get to go to the comic shops when I'm working as often as I'd like and tracking down issues I've missed is a pain. I got two of the newer X-Men TPB's to make up for issues I just could NOT find!

I do the same, I pick up TPB's for missed issues, thats why I picked up '30 Days of Night' and 'Dark Days'. I'm getting 'Return to Barrow' as individual copies', but will get the TPB to make a set. I'll probably pick up the AF TPB as well as the individual issues, cos basically I'm a sad person
    Del

I'll probably pick up the AF TPB as well as the individual issues, cos basically I'm a sad person
    ahahaha I was going to say the same about me. As for the AF issues, I have been having a ball trying to track down older ones....not (I even had a dealer at comic con recently tell me that AF wasn't worth collecting.) I only wish they'd make those into TPB's too so I know what I've missed.

Funnily enough, the only other AF TPB that I know of 'The GIft' I never picked up. In regards to A, I was lucky that I came aboard with Vol 1, so apart from a few guest appearences I have most AF stuff.

It's all bloody confusing though
    Del

I'll be grabbing it for sure.