Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha TPB's

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hahahahahaha @ cupboard being censored
    I censored that myself, hoping that no one would noticed, but you couldn't 'LET IT LIE' could you. oh no :P

Although I wouldn't put it past Ben to censure *u*b*a*d.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Personally I enjoyed First Flight, it opened up a lot of history for Alpha, plus a better understanding of the final Alpha we see in #1 plus it was a damn sight more believeable than that crap about Hull House, which was utter bolloxs IMHO. Puck and Wolvie say in Issue #17 that they had never met, and then we have the silly Hull House thing
    Oh that reminds me - been reading V.2. and have come across something which suggests I have missed something vital! Was there a one off Alpha Flight Flashback which I missed? It was mentioned - well not sure when - but it was in reference to Puck going to Hull House and pondering if some boys he knew from there had been housed. (Btw, I have 4 issues of v2 left!)

Before Vol 2 Issue #1 there was an 'Alpha Flight -1 (Flashback) Issue, which featured Hull House quite a bit. I think the two boys mentioned in that issue were meant to be Flex and Radius. All the comics that were getting a new series got a -1 issue if I remember rightly.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Craps - so that's ANOTHER back issue I have to get now!!!

lol

Thanks for the info though

Before Vol 2 Issue #1 there was an 'Alpha Flight -1 (Flashback) Issue, which featured Hull House quite a bit. I think the two boys mentioned in that issue were meant to be Flex and Radius. All the comics that were getting a new series got a -1 issue if I remember rightly.
    Every Marvel comic.

Fortunatly, those Flashback issues are really easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Every Marvel comic.
    Bar Avengers, FF, Iron Man and Captain America which were in the Heroes Reborn universe at the time.

(Although Avengers was supposed to have one that was never made/shipped)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Every Marvel comic.
    Bar Avengers, FF, Iron Man and Captain America which were in the Heroes Reborn universe at the time.

(Although Avengers was supposed to have one that was never made/shipped)
    Ahhh, mid/late 90's Marvel. Wasn't it great.

ohhhh, so tempting!

Hahahahahaha @ cupboard being censored
    I censored that myself, hoping that no one would noticed, but you couldn't 'LET IT LIE' could you. oh no :P

Although I wouldn't put it past Ben to censure *u*b*a*d.

Default Stitch

Let me play devil's advocate here--someone who could tolerate Vol. 2 but will have nothing to do with Vol 3.
    Look at the credits of the First Flight Special.
    So, couldn't Vol 3 have had some real tie to true Alpha if Stitch was one of Sasquatch's recruits rather than 4 characters never seen before??

I can't help but think that who the characters are has nothing to do with quality of the title. And enjoyment of the title has everything to do with quality.

My question for vol. 2 is, "What happened to Woodgod?" I thought that maybe it could tie into Snowbirds resurrection somehow, but it didn't happen.

Chiming in late here, but I really liked the First Flight Special and was especially enamoured of Stitch. I think she has great potential both as a character and as a super heroine. She can't move heavy objects with her TK, but I imagine she could be trained to move several small objects at the same time, so the effect could be quite deadly... Though shes not really the homicidal maniac type. Wasnt it implied that she and that Bernard guy ended up together at the end?

I do agree that certain aspects of the story bothered me. I didn't like the very human Narya, primarily becuse I feel it undermined the later (earlier?) storyline where she asks Doug Ramsay to teach her how to be human.

Not too happy with Mac as a guy willing to do anything for his science either. I like Mac on the light sid, not the dark (Mantlo-esque) side.

I think even before Mantlo did his hatchet job on Mac, the clues were already there. Mac has always come across as the type who would stretch the boundries to achieve his dream. Although he might have done it excessively, Mantlo, IMHO, was only extrapolating on an established theme.
    Del

I quite liked the fact that Mac wasn't a whiter than white character - it made him more human. Also the fact that we as readers learnt this over time was good too, as we sort of learnt a long with Heather the truth about her husband... of course, it might have been interesting if she'd ever confronted him with her fears just to see how he would react, but sadly it never happened (as far as I can remember).

Mac did recruit questionable people for a super-team, including Wild Child, Aurora and Madison, and kept these issues from the other members, as shown when Sasquarch discovers Aurora's personality issues in the 1st Master storyline #'s Byrne also undercut the whiter-than-white with Mac's intention of moving to NYC in 11 - 12.2-4.