Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha TPB's

The Blooding? Never heard of this before - was it going to be another special featuring the original original AF?

It was mentioned in a letters page, but where or when I don't know. Someone wrote in praise of 'First Flight' and the response was about 'the Blooding' coming in a few months. So whether it was all scripted and ready to go... ???
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    As regards how Stitch got her scars, never heard that before about Wildchild being the culprit.
    Darn, I can't for the life of me find it, I've got comics all over my appartment now from searching for it! It's in the form of a flashback, with a raving wildchild in the forground, and stitch bleeding and cut in a the background...this is gonna bother me!

Thanks for that. The name sounds strangely familiar now you come to mention it...

Poor Stitch, maybe it's time for a ressurection? (I know she isn't dead, but you know what I mean.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    As regards how Stitch got her scars, never heard that before about Wildchild being the culprit.
    Darn, I can't for the life of me find it, I've got comics all over my appartment now from searching for it! It's in the form of a flashback, with a raving wildchild in the forground, and stitch bleeding and cut in a the background...this is gonna bother me!
    You sure your not thinking about the 'Building Blocks' arc when Laura Dean cops it in flashback?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

nope, that's not it. I thought the pannel I was thinking of was in that arc, but I looked it through and didn't find it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    nope, that's not it. I thought the pannel I was thinking of was in that arc, but I looked it through and didn't find it there.
    Okay, going out on a limb here, what about the arc in 'Marvel Comics Presents' when he attacked or was prevented from attacking Heather??
    Del

FOUND IT! wohoo! It was in #127, in the mini story at the end, with Wolve and Wildheard duking it out. It flashed back to this:

(click for big versioin)

Bloody hell Ben, you got a good memory, I recognise it now I've seen it, but I'd completely forgotten about that.
    Del

well, really I have a very poor memory, but it does work kind of...diffently than that of many people. This was just something that managed to stick I guess

Ben

I just never cared for Stitch or most of all St-Elmo, in fact I don't remember finding that special very good. If I remembered correctly, I tought there was hole in the story and did not fit to what we already knew of AF, but I maybe wrong.

No, there was something about the special which just seemed quite flat, and I got the sense as I was reading it that they were rewriting history (can I just confirm - Stitch and St Elmo were never actually mentioned as members of Alpha before this were they?). I thought Stitch was an interesting and quite tragic character, but her powers were quite limited and it seems rather cruel to have her on the team when she should have been somewhere where people could look after her and try and heal her shattered psyche. I remember a line by one of the baddies with regards to her, they said something along of the lines of "And what's she going to so, stitch us to death???" Which pretty much sums up what she could do, or at least what her powers in her current catatonic state would allow her to do.

It was mentioned in a letters page, but where or when I don't know. Someone wrote in praise of 'First Flight' and the response was about 'the Blooding' coming in a few months. So whether it was all scripted and ready to go... ???
    We'll haveta grab Furman and ask him about it again this year.

Stitch and St Elmo where never mentioned as members of Alpha, but then I believe what Mac was doing was working on an ongoing project, where some would fall by the wayside and others would grow as Macs program grew. It say somewhere that Mac would work for 'the next ten years' (after the first appearence of the FF) towards his dream.

We've seen with his treatment towards, Bedlam, Wolvie and his acceptance of the Dept K complex that housed Deadpool, Mac didn't mind stretching the boundries to achieve his aims. Utilising a tragic figure like Stitch wasn't beyond him. This makes the the First Flight story very believable IMHO. In regards to what Stitch could do, not wanna to go to my c*****rd to dig the book out, I vaguely remember Stitch helped incapacitate the Swordsman, which was no mean feat.

Personally I enjoyed First Flight, it opened up a lot of history for Alpha, plus a better understanding of the final Alpha we see in #1 plus it was a damn sight more believeable than that crap about Hull House, which was utter bolloxs IMHO. Puck and Wolvie say in Issue #17 that they had never met, and then we have the silly Hull House thing
    Del

Hahahahahaha @ cupboard being censored