Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha TPB's

Default Alpha TPB's

Is there any Alpha Flight Tpb from the older volumes?

Nope, not a single one

The original Uncanny appearances are included in the Essential X-men trades in black and white (Couldn't tell you which ones off hand), and there was an extremely cheap reprint collection of the X-Men/AF:The Gift 2 issue ltd series, but that's as close as we've come so far

This would be a perfect time to reprint the first 12 in TPB. I'm sure there are lots of new fans that would appreciate it.

Hello people. New here, thought I'd say hi before continuing with post...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Nope, not a single one

The original Uncanny appearances are included in the Essential X-men trades in black and white (Couldn't tell you which ones off hand), and there was an extremely cheap reprint collection of the X-Men/AF:The Gift 2 issue ltd series, but that's as close as we've come so far
    Essential X-Men Volume 2.

They really should at least do an Essential Alpha Flight with Byrne's run if they don't want to individual trades for it.

What would you all like to see in an Essential Alpha Flight? Personally, I think Byrne's first run up until Guardian's death should be in there, without question. Also, Alpha Flight's first appearance back in UXM, as well as Vindicator's first appearance waaaaaaaay back in UXM #109 (or was it 107?). I'd also be partial to seeing the 'Wrath of the Dreamqueen' saga in there as well. Any other ideas?

The X-Men appearances and up to Mac's death would fill one volume. After that I figure just some random trades, like Dreamqueen and Jim Lee's run.

Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has suggested, I would definitely like to see the characters early appearance in X-Men as I've never seen the issues and then the run up to and including Mac's 'death' would be great.

Ideally, a trade would reproduce the formative stuff, rather than specific issues: First Flight Special, all the Byrne origin back-ups that were published in the early issues, UXM 109, 120, 121 and the two later Byrne issues, the Machine Man fight (this had profound effect for the behind-the-secenes beginning of the Aurora Sasquatch relationship while Northstar was out cruising the village) the 2 Marvel-Team up issues (team formed independently) and AF Vol 1 #1.
    My opinion anyway

Welcome Kozzi, I'm probably with you on the comics you mentioned for a TPB. Although in truth, I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of further First Flight stories, if only to see what happend to Stitch. Now she is one very underused character.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I've never read the First Flight special... is it worth reading? It looked interesting enough to me, I just couldn't find it here. I might go to Mile High and see if I can find it on there.

I think it would be worth picking up, I rather enjoyed it.

Well worth reading, if only for St Elmo and Stitch. I guess Elmo counts as Alphas first ever casualty, or maybe Bedlam?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Poor Stitch, such a troubled soul. Was that her one and only appearence btw in the First Flight Special?

I can't remember where or when, but there was a flashback that implied that her innitial injuries (that she stitched up herself) were sustained by an attack by Wildchild.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Poor Stitch, such a troubled soul. Was that her one and only appearence btw in the First Flight Special?
    Yup, haven't seen her since, maybe she would have turned up in the unpublished 'The Blooding', thats if it ever actually got written. That would be good in a TPB.

As regards how Stitch got her scars, never heard that before about Wildchild being the culprit.
    Del