Thread: New Mutants Soon to be New X-men: Academy X

Default New Mutants Soon to be New X-men: Academy X

What does everyne think of this title?

I think it is great.

New Mutants Rules!that's all I have to say

I think the new title is a bit of a mouthful. I know the thinking behind it - having X in the title will help sell more issues and therefore ensure that it doesn't get cancelled, but I just think it's a shame that not only is the name having to change but that the writers are having to drastically rewrite the second arc of their story to accomodate this.

Oh well, if it keeps the series going then I suppose that is only a good thing, but will the series be the one that we enjoy reading now or just yet another X-Men comic book - which surely the world does NOT need with about a million different versions of X-Men floating around at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack

Oh well, if it keeps the series going then I suppose that is only a good thing, but will the series be the one that we enjoy reading now or just yet another X-Men comic book - which surely the world does NOT need with about a million different versions of X-Men floating around at the moment!
    Thats a good quesion but as they say "a rose by any other name.." eh? Hopefully it doesn't become just another one of the x-men team books but focuses on the kids at the mansion and such.

Well, apparently they're getting costumes and codenames so I don't feel it bodes too well. However only time will tell. I just think it's a shame that they're changing the name - I like the fact that it was a like a homage to the original New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I think the new title is a bit of a mouthful. I know the thinking behind it - having X in the title will help sell more issues and therefore ensure that it doesn't get cancelled
    actually, the solicitations have the academy x part dropped for issue #2, so it's just new x-men now.

seeing as I picked up the first issue of it yesterday it looks to be quite interesting...not to mention I am already a drooling fan of Noriko and Sophia. My only hiccup with it is it shows Josh Guthrie going for the grad tour a second time...he did that whe he showed up at the school in X-Men 157. Unles there's another brunette kid with pink wings lurking aorund that lookos a lot like him <=)
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I love this series!
    The second issue is great!
    Very nice moments (Dust, forming of the teams, code-names, and the basketball game!).
    And we get to see Mercury in action for the first time!
    My rating:
    Writing- 4/5
    Art- 4/5
    Overall- 4/5!

Cool - look forward to reading this issue. I was only wondering the other day what Mercury's powers were. So glad that all the background characters are sticking around.

This title is pathetic. How can they have an X-Men title without Wolverine. With four X-Men titles, this is the only one without him and that needs to be changed. And he needs to stay with Weapon X after this one arc of the Programs. And he needs a second solo book, 1 in Marvel Knights and one without.

Recgonize sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    This title is pathetic. How can they have an X-Men title without Wolverine. With four X-Men titles, this is the only one without him and that needs to be changed. And he needs to stay with Weapon X after this one arc of the Programs. And he needs a second solo book, 1 in Marvel Knights and one without.

Recgonize sarcasm.
    LOL!
    That's too funny!
    I'm glad he hasn't shown up.
    (P.S. I forgot about the Iceman appearance in this issue! )

The title didn't even make it through its first 13 issues without a Wolverine cameo. Sad, really.