Thread: AF #4 Solicit (Minor Spoilers, Maybe?)

Hybrid View

Default AF #4 Solicit (Minor Spoilers, Maybe?)

ALPHA FLIGHT #4
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Pencils & Cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN’ ME" pt. 4 (of 6)

The All-New, All-Different Alpha Flight is hot on the trail of the alien Plodex, but will they be able to save the spandex-clad hockey hosers who came before them in time? Or will Guardian, Puck, Snowbird and the rest be taking their place in that Great Hall of Hosers in the sky?
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605518-00411
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

what is a hoser?

wohoo! Now they are making the appearence of the origonal team more obvious it seems. No promo pic yet though

I believe it means something like "LOSER'.

Whoever wrote the solicit obviously feels that cos Lobdell has addded humour into the book, then he can take the piss. Non to impressed
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    what is a hoser?
    actually, whoever wrote that promo was clever, aiming at Canadain fans! That's in reference Bob and Doug MacKenzie, and comedic Canadian pair from the 80's . They used to say such things as "Take off, eh" and would call each other "hoser" I liked that reference They were very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    wohoo! Now they are making the appearence of the origonal team more obvious it seems. No promo pic yet though
    No pic as of yet. Trying to scare one up.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I believe it means something like "LOSER'.

Whoever wrote the solicit obviously feels that cos Lobdell has addded humour into the book, then he can take the piss. Non to impressed
    Maybe because I'm missing some references, but the solicitation always failed to make me laugh and failed very badly.

Somehow, I cannot see the solicits writer referring to the X-groups or Avengers as hosers

The solicit is everywhere, but still no sign of a cover pic? Been looking, here, there and every bloody where for it. How slow is Clayton Henry ?
    Del

Thanks for finding this Phil! After talking to you earlier, I went and picked up Marvel Previews, and did a high-res scan of the image. It's not all that big in the mag, so I tried to clean it up as much as I could. Link to big version off the front page, and in the Latest News of AlphaFlight.net

You 'da man Phil!

That is a nice cover. Surprised Marvel didn't release the cover with the net solicitations though.

The cover reminds me of Labyrinth, lol.

By the by, it was cool seeing Sasquatch playing Mouse Trap with the new Alpha members at the end of the first issue. That game was so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Moonstar
    The cover reminds me of Labyrinth, lol.

By the by, it was cool seeing Sasquatch playing Mouse Trap with the new Alpha members at the end of the first issue. That game was so much fun!
    It's a shame he wasn't singing the jingle...

"The fun is catching, it's Flight Trap!"

The cover looks great