Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Question

Default RPG Question

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on starting my own Alpha Flight PBeM game, and was wondering if anyone know where I can get the stats for Tundra. What I need is the old TSR Marvel Super Heroes RPG that has a character sheet for him. If anyone can help me out, it would be more than appreciative. The game starts in April, and there are three positions open, so if you'd like to play, just PM me.

-Mystic

What's a PBeM game? and what positions are open?

PBeM (Play By e-Mail). It's where you write part of the story from your characters perspective. There's several (ie thousands) of Star Trek games like it (which I run one of those too), and I thought it might work for an AF game too.

So far, most of the positions that have been filled have been filled with newbie recruits. Vindicator is taken (Heather), and Sunfire has been reserved. If you'd like to make a new character, that's cool. Other than that, there are no other characters reserved.

If you want to check out the page, it's at:

http://alphaflight.cjb.net

It's pretty basic right at the moment, as no character bios have been written yet. The game launches April 1st.

The basic premise of the story is a link between Vol.2 and Vol.3, taking place about six months after the last issue of Vol.2. So I guess that the new characters from the new series would be off limits.

-Mystic

I still don't understand it

I'd definitely be interested in taking part - but not sure how you go about joining the site?

I've added a join application for the site.

As far as describing a PBeM game, the only thing I can say is that it's like everyone is telling a story from their own perspectives. The GM (me) would play a specific character (and all the NPCs), writing out the story in small increments. The GM would leave spots for the other players to respond to, and add their own perspective to further the story. All of which is sent through emails to a list on yahoo!groups.

It's really fun, and interesting to see how multiple characters intermingle in a single storyline.

I've been doing it for almost five years and it's never ceased to be fun.

-Mystic

Though I won't be able to participate in the RPG, please let me know if there is anythign I can do to help with the process.

Ok, I have filled out the form please Read Mystic and Please let me in! it sounds interesting!

I am intrigued by it, so let me know if sunfire opens up.

Ok...I've finished one of the biographies for one of the characters (Vindicator). I know it's not that extensive...there's just not that much room on the page!!

Please let me know what you think. (the image was drawn by me)

Thanks,

-Mystic

I LUV THE PICCIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty good did you do the Troubleseeker one too?

Yeah, Troubleseeker's mine too. I've been asked to draw everyone's characters, so I'll let everyone know when they're up. I also have a few other character designs that I may put up in a different section once they're done too.

-Mystic

I like the Vindicator one much better than Troubleseeker

Anyone seen Mystic on recently?he's not replying to my emails about the PBEM game, it's like he's dead