Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions about Alpha Flight Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Yeah, them bloody Beefeaters were becoming a nuisance, but I believe pest control have the situation in hand now.
    okay, for those of us who are NOT British, can someone please explain the references??
    Think of it in the same way that some Americans think we have Mounties on horseback on every street corner.

What you mean it isn't? And here all along I thought I was living in a suburb of Wisconsin.
    Another one was a person asking if they could walk from Toronto to Vancouver, sure you can just bring lots of water and food. What is it 4000 miles or so. Canada in land area is bigger than the States.
    Richard Vasseur

the thing with perception, it's depends of the culture you came from. In France, when they speak of Canada, they usually talk about Québec and acadia. They think everyone in canada is bilingual. That native live in tipi and that we are always freezing and there is no summer here. Again I made a generalisation.

Del, or others englishmen, I'm sure you can tell what is the perception of Canada in England.

Now, it's just those talk about what other people told you, just made me remember when I was in Houston, in training for my ex-company. I was with people mostly american and Canadians and some others nationalities that where working in north america. We had to do a presentation and we where noted by one of us. Me it was an indonesian (sp?) and his most stange comment was that I had a good english but it was normal since it was my first language. The thing is, I've got an huge accent but in his head everyone in Canada was speaking english. He knew I was from Canada, so he tought english was my first language.

Maybe it's 'just' me.... but I think your 'just' outside of Toronto is kinda skewed. I mean to me the 90 clicks to Barrie is more than JUST outside of toronto. When I think of their idea of Dept. H being just outside of Toronto I think more like 5 or 10 km out of the city....

But that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    Old topic but had to throw in my two cents. I'm from Barrie Ontario which is just north of Toronto. I always found it kinda interesting that the Marvel Atlas Project http://www.aub.dk/~henckel/canada.html places Dept H just north and east of Toronto. So if I lived on Marvel Earth Dept H would be right around the corner. Or well right around Lake Simcoe but still.

I may be completely wrong, but I thought Tamarind Island was supposed to be off the west coast....

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Also, where was Tamarind Island (Alpha's HQ during #30-50) suppsoed to have been located?

I looked into it, and from what I can tell, Tamarind Island is supposed to be apart of the Queen Charlotte Islands, north of Vancouver Island.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Maybe Marvel should make an atlas to show where all these places are located.
    Richard Vasseur