Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Alpha Flight Headquarters

Default Questions about Alpha Flight Headquarters

Well, I'm writing my fanfic about Alpha, and I have a few questions about their headquarters building (the one seen in the last issues of the first series and all of the second series).

- I know the headquarters is based in Toronto, but is it based in the urban areas of the city itself, or outside of the city? I've seemed to have have seen it depicted both ways.

- How large is the facility (how many floors)?

- What features does the headquarters have (offices, living quarters, hangar bays, etc.)?

Please try and be as detailed as you can... this is very important to my writing! Besides, I wanna know how impressive this place is! Thanks!

(Edit: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, would someone also mind giving me a run-down of Alpha's exact line-up as of issue #130? Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are all needed. What did the individuals uniforms for each branch look like? Heh, I'm seriously done asking silly questions now.)

whooo, I meant to answer this one earlier, but totally forgot about it. The part about Dept H. I'll have to dig for, I can't remember when (or if) they specified how many floors, but I'll at at least be able to dig out a reference to the hightest floor mentioned.

I always assumed it was along Lake Ontario in Toronto, so it's sort of on the cusp. City all around, but on the edge of a green-belt.

The final roster:

Alpha
    Guardian (Heather)
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Windshear
    Wildheart

Innactive Alpha
    Shaman
    Box (Jeffries)
    Diamond Lil

Beta

Talisman
    Persuasion
    Manikin
    Witchfire
    Pathway
    Goblyn
    Witchfire

Gamma
    Feedback

Other

Nemesis - Not part of Alpha, but had been fighting along side.
    Wyre - Was in custody, however fought along side Alpha when Witchfire lost control of her demonic side.
    Vindicator - (James Hudson) Just returned from the dead again

I'll do some scanning, and will post the different uniforms in a bit

Alpha:
    Beta:
    Gamma:

In Vol. 1 #91 the new building is going up in Toronto, which is the first time we see it. A later issue the narrator says the building is located on the outskirts of the city. Personally, I would go with it being in the city as that was it's original location.
    I don't think a layout of the place has ever been done, maybe that's something we should ask for in Vol. 3.

vol 2. #14, Gentry is in the Direcor's office, and it is listed as level 66. As far as we know, the director was the top of the ladder at that point in Dept. H, so we could possible assume he would have the top floor.

I got my hands on #96, and it says that there are fifty stories, which another thirty-five stories underground.

Old topic but had to throw in my two cents. I'm from Barrie Ontario which is just north of Toronto. I always found it kinda interesting that the Marvel Atlas Project http://www.aub.dk/~henckel/canada.html places Dept H just north and east of Toronto. So if I lived on Marvel Earth Dept H would be right around the corner. Or well right around Lake Simcoe but still.

Wouldn't it be something to visit the Marvel Universe. Can you imagine getting to really see them live and in person. Does anyone have a transdimensional teleporter handy?
    Richard Vasseur

Thanks for the link to the Marvel Atlas Project! I needed that for my writing.

That is a cool Atlas it is amazing what you can find when you look around the internet. You can find almost anything.
    Richard Vasseur

The atlas is pretty cool, but they haven't included the third territory: Nunavut.

Well what do you know we now have a third territory. Thats the first I heard of it. But I see its true. Nunavut "Our Land" is a big territory in area. Maybe it could be shown in a future Alpha Flight adventure.
    Richard Vasseur

How long have you been living in Canada if you didn't know about Nunavut?? it's been around since 1 April 1999....

.... mind you being a Northerner (orig from Yellowknife), I guess I WOULD know more about that.... Hell southerners still ask me if we live in igloos up there...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hmmm, it lists Dimand Lil's birthplace as Yellowknife, but I'd swear it was Moosejaw (according to one of the MU handbooks) anyone can confirm that?

Also, where was Tamarind Island (Alpha's HQ during #30-50) suppsoed to have been located?

I've been in Canada all my life 39 years.
    Creepy-Crawley now thats a cool nick name for Lil. Lillian Crawley Jefferies I wonder why her husband Madison isn't with her? And how is her breast cancer going?
    Richard Vasseur