Poll: Uncanny Alpha Flight, Good idea or not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncanny Alpha Flight, Good idea or not?

Default Uncanny Alpha Flight, Good idea or not?

I voted YES, but I'm certainly not holding my breathe. I just think it would be cool to see more of the original team back together again.

I would definitely be interested in another ALpha Flight series, but only if it involved the classic AF. If it was another team of newbies, I wouldn't.

-Mystic

The whole concept behind "Uncanny AF" is that it would consist of the origonal team, or very close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    I would definitely be interested in another ALpha Flight series, but only if it involved the classic AF. If it was another team of newbies, I wouldn't.

-Mystic

I don't like to say it but I really doubt that there's a big enough fan base of the old team to justify two titles.
    I fear for Volume 3 as it is...

I voted no I think vol. 3 is good enough don't want it to start spanning mutiple titles (cough:X-men)

There should have been a vote option of yes, REPLACE the current trash book with a classic Alpha Flight. As Marvel I think will soon learn with FF and Captain America, the market doesn't seem able to support more than one Alpha Book.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    There should have been a vote option of yes, REPLACE the current trash book with a classic Alpha Flight. As Marvel I think will soon learn with FF and Captain America, the market doesn't seem able to support more than one Alpha Book.
    The only way a second AF book would really work, if is Wolvie joined up for 10/11 issues Alpha are just far enough away from the main MU to negate a second book without real pulling power like Wolvie.

I'm, prepared to see where Lobdell is going after the first arc, before I commit to how much I like/dislike the book. At present it's good to see AF in print again and he hasn't done enough to send me running for the hills yet.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

However would Wolverine find the time to be in yet another comic title??? He's alread in every X-titled book plus his own title!!! Thing is I have no idea how he got so popular!!!

Oh don't get me wrong, Wolverine is well overused in the MU, but unfortunately teams based outside the US just don't draw the interest. Excalibur probably wouldn't have worked if it hadn't been full of former X-Men, Clandestine went tits up after 12 issues. Alpha needs a bigger tie to the MU than it has at present, Wolvie has ties to AF so wouldn't be out of place if he went back for a short while. Otherwise ...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

True enough, I just think it's a shame the character is now so overused that it's hard to figure out when certain stories took place in context to others etc (if that makes any sense).

I think it would be interesting to see Wolverine on the team, if only for the tension between him Mac and Heather. (Btw, how many men can one woman enamour - maybe Heather Hudson is a mutant, which the ability to enamour men to her? Enamour might actually be a good name if they decided to go that way... okay, going way OT here )

Btw, how many men can one woman enamour -
    Redheads have that ability, but there is a downside of men repulsed by them. If they showed that just once, maybe it would negate this seeming ability she has.

Default Who would YOU add to Alpha Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs

The only way a second AF book would really work, if is Wolvie joined up for 10/11 issues Alpha are just far enough away from the main MU to negate a second book without real pulling power like Wolvie.
    That brings up a good question: using existing Marvel characters - who have NOT been a part of AF before, either in print or implied (ie: Wolverine would be considered and 'implied' character as long as you ignore the 'First Flight' story) - who would YOU add to the Flight (thinking especially to make the title more marketable). And no, the character does not necessarily have to be Canadian (but imho, they would have to be Canuck to lead... but now I'm babbling)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

There is one long standing character with natural ties to the book: Namor.
    Part of the reason a heberal Alpha Flight title may be hard for new readers is that it already has so many characyers associated with the book. I don't think anyone should be added, but reader interest could be provoked if the team fights popular villains: Magneto, Skrulls, Doom, other X-foes.
    As a f'instance, a battle with the Juggernaut in an AF style could be at least two unpadded issues of sheer actionL Sasquatch vs Jugs in the first, the entire team in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    As a f'instance, a battle with the Juggernaut in an AF style could be at least two unpadded issues of sheer actionL Sasquatch vs Jugs in the first, the entire team in the second.
    This time, tho, without the damned battle armour
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine