Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Of course.

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

My plan is to eventually buy all the ones I liked. And I'm done for good trying to find comics digitally after my computer got infected with a virus and the hard drive crashed
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

[mod]
    Standard Disclaimer:
    This site is officially approved, and frequently visited, by Marvel, and the owners here at alphaflight.net do not advocate comic piracy.
    [/mod]

First of all I am not advocating comic piracy. If anything I'm speaking about the ills of it, such as my computer crashing which helped me see how what I was doing was wrong, taking money out of writers and artists pockets, which ironically it took taking money out of my own pocket to get the computer fixed, to make me realize. I fully intend to buy over the course of my life a copy of each issue or trades collecting a bunch of issues that I illegally downloaded. And no I'm not saying that to cover my ass, I mean every word of it. Second however, I fully understand if my admittance for this past wrongs leads me being kicked off the site. I don't want people who actually did the right thing to be tainted for something wrong I did

Wasn't a comment, or judgement.
    Not saying you're wrong or kicking you off.
    Just getting it in there, as standard.

Fair enough.

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight? (My first issue was #19, but I quickly went back and bought the back issues)

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction? (The closest that I can recall is the appearance of Talisman on the cover)

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character? (Northstar)

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character? (Guardian. When I first read the comic, the role had been usurped by Delphine Courtney, so I truly thought of Guardian as a villain)

5. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight villain? (Flashback)

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain? (Gilded Lily)

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arc from Alpha Flight? (Vol 1, Issue #27)

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"? (Character wise: Vindicator, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora and Sasquatch)

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island) (Shaman)

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight? (Shaman)

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer? (John Byrne)

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer? (Oeming)

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist? (John Byrne)

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist? (Dan Panosian)

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be? (Any of the relaunches after the original series)

Images

Yes, welcome!
    Excellent tastes there!

~ Le Messor
    "A poor excuse is like an old bucket; doesn't matter what shape it's in, as long as it holds water."
    ~ P.K. Shaw

Didn't know the questionnaire was here finally answering

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight? (My first issue was #19, but I quickly went back and bought the back issues) - collecting since AF# 1 -

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction? (The closest that I can recall is the appearance of Talisman on the cover) My first memory is of the announcement poster - I was already collecting X-Men so i had all their appearances - the guys at Silver Snail in Hamilton saved the announcement poster for me and never hung it - I was able to get John Byrne to sign it a few years ago

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character? (Northstar) Guardian / Vindicator / Weapon X / Mac

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character? (Guardian. When I first read the comic, the role had been usurped by Delphine Courtney, so I truly thought of Guardian as a villain) Wild Child - dunno why - never clicked for me

5. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight villain? (Flashback) Scramble - the way Byrne drew Heather and the other altered bodies still creeps me out

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain? (Gilded Lily) The Master or Gary Cody

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arc from Alpha Flight? (Vol 1, Issue #27) I'm a Purist AF v1 - 1-12 Also like Marvel Fanfare #28 - Was lucky enough to know Ken Steacy and watch him draw it.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"? (Character wise: Vindicator, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora and Sasquatch) Guardian, Vindicator, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, Aurora and Sasquatch

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island) (Shaman) Snowbird

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight? (Shaman) Guardian

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer? (John Byrne) John Byrne

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer? (Oeming) Anyone from Vol 2 and 3

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist? (John Byrne) John Byrne

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist? (Dan Panosian) Anyone from Vol 2 and 3

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be? (Any of the relaunches after the original series) Guardian's recent dark turn - would love if he and Heather could raise Claire in a loving household together
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-16-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: fixing returns
    It's chaos, be kind

Images

That's cool; I want to say welcome aboard, but you've been around two years, so…

I agree with most of your choices, too!
    But, uh… "Scramble - the way Byrne drew Heather and the other altered bodies still creeps me out"
    Byrne never drew them; Scramble came right after he left the book.
    … or have I gone insane in the brain again?

You are completely correct - 'twas Mike Mignoloa drawing that arc. two unrelated questions 1) how do i format that list so it's LEGIBLE? i keep editing with spaces to make it clearer and it keeps dumping the text horribly 2) how do i go from being listed as a "New Recruit?" I have every AF comic published - 8 international covers of AF#1, and far more long boxes of AF appearances than my wife would like!
    It's chaos, be kind

Images

I'm not sure for either. Carriage return seems to work on my computer, like

this, but I'm not sure how to make it work for you. What sort of device are you using? Computer? Phone?
    (I've just managed to edit the comment for you, though, to add in carriage returns between questions. Hope that's okay.)

For the other, I think the answer is just to post a lot. This site can't count your collection, but you only have 11 posts here at the moment.

~ Le Messor
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-16-2022 at 10:16 PM.

I am sure I've answered this (probably a few times, but why not again)....

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight?
    Fortunately, I jumped on with Alpha Flight #1 of the original series.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?
    I am blessed. One of my first comics given to me as a kid was Avengers #159 and Uncanny X-Men #121.
    The splash page of Alpha Flight facing off with the X-Men captured me so much.

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character?
    I don't think this has ever changed. It's always a toss up - but primarily falls on Snowbird first.
    Then Shaman, then Sasquatch, then Aurora/Northstar, then Mac (whatever name he decides to use), then Puck, then Marriana. And those two fall that far down, undoubtedly because they weren't a part of the original team from UXM. Nostalgia is a powerful force.

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character?
    Phew. A few got introduced by Mantalo that I didn't care for - but if we exclude them, I'd say Box (Maddison). Because he became this big transformer that was just turning into jets and all this stuff. I liked it better when it was just armor.

5. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Master will always be my favorite probably. He felt very Magneto/Apocalypse version to Alpha Flight.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Easy. Llan the Sorcerer. Good gravy. So much dislike.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arc from Alpha Flight?
    First 12 issues were character defining.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?
    Pretty much Alpha Flight #1.

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)
    Snowbird. Always Snowbird. I may be in love with her. Don't you judge me!

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight?
    This turns out to be Heather, because she has the most history doing so.

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Byrne.

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Whoever it was helming the story during the Silver / Auric and the dead town gone crazy.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    Byrne

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    I can't remember his name - but worked with Hundall, and drew Llan...

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be?
    They're off panel death.

For the love of Brell, I hate that we can't edit posts.

Their off panel death.

Not They're.