Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Oh, cool. I'll get the axe.

Well, welcome, then!

Glad to see another person with similar tastes to me! (Thumbs up Byrne, thumbs down Seagle. And, Pratchett quote noted.)

The question is, writer of Alpha Flight - so you shouldn't feel bad saying that, since the rest is irrelevant at this time.

~ Le Messor
    "It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    ~ Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Heh! Axe. Just promise it'll be the sharp kind, rather than the awful body spray!

I'm sure that my love of Byrnes springs from his being my first "favorites" as a child. Like so many other things, you don't forget your first favorite comic author/artist!!

And I find I get along with people who get Pratchett's humor. Plenty of other commonalities tend to follow
    “There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having.” Terry Pratchett, "I Shall Wear Midnight"

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Welcome to non-anonymity, BlueRoommate!
    Thanks.
    “There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having.” Terry Pratchett, "I Shall Wear Midnight"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoommate View Post
    15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be? I wouldn't. Not because I didn't like some of it, but that's the appeal of having a story line that you'll follow. You'll keep following it no matter what. (Outside of the comic world I'm a Cleveland Indians fan... I know about following a team when I don't always like what's happening, LOL!)
    Wow, Cleveland Indiand AND Alpha Flight! Hardcore. I'm impressed. Welcome to alphaflight.net, BlueRoommate!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

BlueRoommate, I can't promise anything.

Byrne's AF was my first comic, too (collecting; I wouldn't hazard a guess about reading).

Do you live around Cleveland?

~ Le Messor
    "It is a foolish thing to make a long prologue, and to be short in the story itself."

Heh! Axe. Just promise it'll be the sharp kind, rather than the awful body spray!
    Why, when the spray is so much more lethal to humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    Why, when the spray is so much more lethal to humans?
    I would much rather be attacked with a blade on a stick than sprayed with terrible cologne. At least I know what to do when someone points a weapon at me.

And Le Messor- I grew up in Western NY, so Cleveland was actually the closest team. Especially if you counted traffic and the need to park once you get there!

welcome blue. cleveland? what about my home town boys the Pittsburgh pirates. lol
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Images

I grew up in Western NY, so Cleveland was actually the closest team.
    Okay, that makes sense, he says, pretending to know anything about Eastern US geography.

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein View Post
    welcome blue. cleveland? what about my home town boys the Pittsburgh pirates. lol
    Murdered by pirates is good.

~ Le Messor
    "It is a wise father that knows his own child."

Murdered by pirates is good.
    Yay, Princess Bride nerdery!!!!

Images

Just one of my quirks...

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight? I started buying them when #1 came out in 1983.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction? My first memory is from The Uncanny X-Men #120-121 back in the late 70's. I thought there were pretty cool. However, I had to buy #120 as a back issue at my LCS, and it wasn't cheap!

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character? Puck

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character? Tough to say right now. As I'm reading through my old Alpha Flights for the first time in decades (I stopped collecting comics for 15+ years and have only been re-reading my old comics, and buying some new TPB's, in the past few years) and I'm up to #27, but so far there isn't any character I dislike, though maybe once I get through the Byrne run, I'll dislike some of the newer characters.

5. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight villain? I'll go with the Master for now, but as I read through my collection, maybe somebody else will surpass him.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain? I don't know as of yet.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight? So far I love the whole Byrne run, but I guess I'll go with #1, though the Puck story in #5 is pretty cool.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?
    Vindicator
    Sasquatch
    Puck (the real one)
    Shaman
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Snowbird

Talisman
    a non-monstrous Marrina

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island) Puck. He'd have some great stories to keep me entertained!

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight? Vindicator/Guardian

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer? John Byrne

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer? I don't know, yet.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    John Byrne

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    I don't know, yet.

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be? I don't know yet. I'll have to come back in about a month and update my answers. Right now, I'd either go with the death of Guardian, Byrne leaving the book, or the cancellation of vol. 1.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dbutler69 View Post
    1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight? I started buying them when #1 came out in 1983.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction? My first memory is from The Uncanny X-Men #120-121 back in the late 70's. I thought there were pretty cool. However, I had to buy #120 as a back issue at my LCS, and it wasn't cheap!

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character? Puck

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character? Tough to say right now. As I'm reading through my old Alpha Flights for the first time in decades (I stopped collecting comics for 15+ years and have only been re-reading my old comics, and buying some new TPB's, in the past few years) and I'm up to #27, but so far there isn't any character I dislike, though maybe once I get through the Byrne run, I'll dislike some of the newer characters.
    Sounds like you're going to keep reading through. How much else do you have of Alpha Flight?

I like that you filled in all the favourites, and left the least favourites blank... for now.

~ Le Messor
    "Nature, Mr. Allnutt, is what we are put in this world _to rise above_."
    ~ The African Queen

Sounds like you're going to keep reading through. How much else do you have of Alpha Flight?

I like that you filled in all the favourites, and left the least favourites blank... for now.

~ Le Messor
    "Nature, Mr. Allnutt, is what we are put in this world _to rise above_."
    ~ The African Queen
    I've got the first 60 issues (of volume 1, natch). Some time around then, I gradually stopped collecting comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    The Following is the official forum Alpha Flight Questionnaire. This automatically gets sent to new members. I would also like for existing members to take a minute to fill this out, as it is a great way to see the interests of fellow Alpha Flight Fans.
    This looks so familiar.

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight?

With issue #1. I was already collecting Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Men #121 being one of my first comics, ever. I thought Alpha Flight looked very dynamic and different. Instantly loved the team.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?
    See #1.

3. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight character?
    If I had to name a favorite, I think I would go with Snowbird. Though Shaman is just a hair behind her. And Sasquatch, just a hair behind him.

4. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight character?
    There's been a lot of the Beta and Gamma I disliked; but the one that sticks out above the rest is Mannikin.

5. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Master of the World, followed VERY closely by DreamQueen, who I think has a ton of untapped potential.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Anyone who knows me, knows, Llan the Sorcerer takes this spot.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight?
    The first 12 issues are amazing, though I disliked Mac's fate as a result of it.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?
    Pretty much the team from issue #1: Snowbird, Shaman, Sasquatch, Mac (Guardian/Vindicator), Puck, Marinna, Aurora (and if needed, Northstar, mostly because he seems to be shining in X-Men).

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)
    Snowbird. And probably for reasons no one wants to hear about.

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight?
    Mac, hands down. Heather was horrible. She was too much, "Shoot to kill {my own team mates} and sort it out later."

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Byrne and then Fabian.

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Sadly, Bill, because of what he did to Heather.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    Byrne. Followed by Lee.

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    Carmilee or whatever his name was?

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be?
    Mac's original death. So that the stories that followed that tried to explain how he survived could be undone.

You have great taste!

They're coming...

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain? I don't know as of yet.
    Curious to see if we will agree, on someone who will be coming up much later...

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island) Puck. He'd have some great stories to keep me entertained!

LOL. That is true...

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight? Vindicator/Guardian
    Mac or Heather?