Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

Marrina's #1 Fan Miles First Flight

I been noticing alot of dreamqueen fans why is that as I found her issues hard to keep my attention with it being such a slow build up what are the reasons for dream queen being the favorite?

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight?

Answer: I have not collected anything Alpha in a long time. I peruse the internet once in a while for things Alpha just in case Marvel were to bring them back closer to what they were in the first volume.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?

Answer: It was around #15 of the first volume. I had to have all the back issues as I was very much into the idea of a Canadian based team.

3. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight character?

Answer: Sasquatch always got me going. Guardian (Mac) was a close second.

4. Who is you least favorite Alpha Flight character?

Answer: Too many forgettable characters to name.

5. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight villain?

Answer: the Great Beasts.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain?

Answer: Too many unmentionables to mention. Llan was pretty worthless.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight?

Answer: The Sasquatch storyline where they tried to put him back in his own body after Snowbird killed him.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?

Answer: The original team from the beginning, but without Guardian, as some story ideas/plots should be left in place to progress the storyline.

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)

Answer: Aurora. The best looking comic book gal in all of Marvel. My hormones are still active even now.

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight?

Answer: Heather was by far the best for that role.

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer?

Answer: To the best of my knowledge - Byrne - even though he was a sourpuss about his involvement in the series.

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer?

Answer: Not sure. Been too long. There were a handful of them.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?

Answer: Byrne, despite all of the faces on his characters looking too much alike.

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?

Answer: Probably Calimee was the worst, followed closely by Mignola.

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be?

Answer: Bad plots and revolving writers/artists.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfurious87 View Post
    I been noticing alot of dreamqueen fans why is that as I found her issues hard to keep my attention with it being such a slow build up what are the reasons for dream queen being the favorite?
    Hmm... Two months later, I notice this question. As a DreamQueen fan, I'll try to answer.
    I like the look (though it may be stolen, see 'Comic Book Urban Legends'). A bit Joker-ish (not covered in CBUL), but hey. Na na na, she's got the look.
    I like the idea of dreams controlling people and the line blurring between dream and reality - and the horror aspects. (Before anybody asks, yes, the original A Nightmare On Elm Street movie and several of the sequels are among my favourites.)

I like fantasy storylines - one of the reasons Alpha Flight is my favourite in the first place.

I've also personally just enjoyed the stories she's been in (partly for the reasons above), even when I've hated the art.

So, for a cool cross between Freddy Krueger and the Joker, with a 'Y' chromosone chucked out for good measure... Yay!

- Le Messor
    "Here's to our wives and our girlfriends - may they never meet!"
    Last edited by Le Messor; 09-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.

I do enjoy reading through this thread every year or so and seeing how people's tastes change.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender View Post
    So I never did this....

Honestly.. since last summer

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?

I was never much into comics, but always been a fan of superheroes, i bought "the Ultimate guide to X-men" and came accross Alpha Flight.. I love Hockey... and I thought "I wonder what this team is about" and so I found the first 22 on ebay and Uncanny X-men 120 and 121 and fell in love immediately.. thus also sparked my wide collection of comics.. Alpha Flight led me to Collect Namor, then I started collecting new stuff like Mighty Avengers and CheckMate... not to mention all the Graphic Novels I've already bought.

Tough choice.. But I'd have to say the Boches-Jefferies Combo.. when Box was operated by Boches and Jefferies wore his leather Jacket and had no costume.

Manikin... what a tool

hmm.. The Master of the World... Though the Dream Queen was tight

The Pink Pearl or what ever her name was

The after math of Mac's death.. pretty much the second year, when everyone is trying to come back together.. that was some of the most inspirational and soul diving writign i've ever seen

Northstar, Old Tibetian Puck (Yeah I actually like him old and tall), Jefferies-Boches Combo, Sasquatch, Heather Hudson right before she started wearing the gaurdian suit.. confident yet still behind the scenes, and Talisman

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)

Sasquatch.. he can get food.. and he's a freak'n genius.. the "professor" of OUR Gilligan's Island.

Heather Hudson Pre-Suit

Byrne or Hudnall

Mantlo... don't get me started on that

Byrne

Undecided

bringing Mac back... some legends are meant to stay dead

HA! I just found this from 4 years ago. I haven't reread Alpha Flight since posting this and it is hilarious that I just put my favorite character and least favorite character as the exact same. I dunno why I wouldn't remember but its interesting to see.

Since I picked up Alpha Flight V1 #13 in my local grocery store when it first came out.

The cover to V1 #13 and the first few pages of the issue. Heather's nightmare is, to this day, the scariest thing I've ever read in a comic. That book hooked me on comics and on Alpha Flight for life.

I always liked Madison Jeffries as Box the best, but nowadays, he's tied with Heather. Plus, I thought they made a great couple.

Probably Puck, but that's only because he kept getting in the way of Heather/Madison.

As a Doctor Who fan, it has to be the Master of the World. In a perfect world where time travel were possible, Roger Delgado would play him in a live-action movie. I also have a lot of time for the DreamQueen. Oh, and special mention must go to Diablo. I still think of him as an Alpha Flight villain, even though he only showed up that one time, as far as I remember.

That Spiky dude, I forget his name, but he was in like #115-118 or thereabouts. Wire? Something like that.

#23-24, "The Search for Sasquatch" - I love a good quest.

Vindicator (Heather), Box (Jeffries), Marrina (Current Version), Sasquatch (Wanda), Persuasion, Manikin, Talisman, Puck II, Northstar, Aurora

Heather

Heather (In her suit)

Eh, Don't have one. Byrne, Mantlo, Van Lente are good. The others, I don't know who wrote them. Growing up, I was more concerned with the fiction than who was constructing it, y'know?

Whoever wrote volume 2. Didn't like that one much.

John Byrne/Dale Eaglesham/Jim Lee in a three-way tie. Not really a fan of Mike Mignola, but he did okay on AF. Also, liked Scott Clark, but I didn't care for the stories much, just the art.

Duncan Rouleau - I'll just be polite and leave it at that.

Bringing Mac back. Heather has grown into a competent leader that would make him proud. Plus, she actually kept the team together over the years, something Mac rarely, if ever, accomplished on his own.

since the 2nd series

Seeing them as they appeared in X-Men the Animated series. When I first saw them, I was blown away! Never knew we had a superhero team

Mac, then Heather

noone

The Master

Zodiac

Issue 12 of the 1st series, Mac's 1st death. Very well done

The classic, original of course!

Hmmmmm, tough one...I could do the guy thing, and say Heather. But, I'll go with Walter. Great protection

Heather/Mac/Narya

John Byrne

John Byrne, followed by Dale Eaglerham

Whoever did issue 13 of the 2nd series

Roger Bochs death

Welcome to the forum guys!
    Feel free to jump into any of the threads we've got going, and don't be afraid to ask any questions either in public or by PM-ing myself of another admin.

Since the first issue of the first series but I had x -men,120-121 and those x-men issues where 3 members oh alpha teameed with wolverine and nightcrawler(137-138 i think?) and the marvel age that featured alpha plus the hulk annual, contest of champions and the 2 issues of marvel two in one that featured alpha and that ditko machine man issue with the twins and sasquatch so I was waiting for them to get a series even before #1

i was exited the first time I saw Sasquatch throw that 747 in his first appearence and when he ko'd wolverine in that story
    Sasquatch though i hated when he was wanda

Man-Bot and Manikin

5. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight villian?
    tie between Pestilence , loved his origin ,and the master
    scramble the mixed up man
    issue twelve when guardian died i was devistated but the story was awesome

the team from vol 1 issue 1

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be
    Aurora or Murmer both french and both hot!

Heather has always been the best leader

john Byrne

i hated the funny alpha flight so whomever wrote that sucked!
    jonn byrne but i loved mignola, ross and lee too

the one who drew world tour

us agent joining
    Last edited by weaponAlpha; 07-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Welcome to the forum weaponAlpha. Glad to have you aboard.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ah, a fellow New Yorker! I bet we have seen each other at NYCC! If you're going this year we should meet up.

Welcome weaponAlpha!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Welcome to the place weaponAlpha, glad to have you aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    If you're going this year we should meet up.
    I'm up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Ah, a fellow New Yorker! I bet we have seen each other at NYCC! If you're going this year we should meet up.

Welcome weaponAlpha!

sounds like a plan ....keep in touch!

Vol. 1, Issue #1. I'd only been collecting comics a few months, and it was my first #1 issue! Stopped and started a few times over the first volume, but always got the issues I missed when I started collecting again.

As I mentioned above, I had only been collecting a few months, and was devouring everything Marvel that I could. I remember seeing the cover at Fred Meyer (a local superstore chain in the Northwest), and two things stood out. The prominent yellow of the cover, and these characters I had no idea about pushing the big Marvel heroes out of the way.

Overall, probably Puck, but currently I'm digging Guardian's invigoration by Pak and Van Lente.

Wyre, but admittedly I've never read Scott Lobdell's Vol. 3.

Gotta go with the master himself...The Master!

One of the Simon Furman villains...probably Carcass. The way his name is spelled just seems dirty.

Best arc was Vol. 1 #1-12 culminating with the single best issue of #12. I remember reading somewhere that Byrne originally intended for the title to end with #12, but it was doing so well sales-wise that he was convinced to continue it.

Pretty much the current team, with perhaps the addition of the Byrne version of Wild Child.

Snowbird. I'd convince her to transform into a reindeer, then...well, it'd be venison time!!

Was: Heather. Is: Mac. Could Be: Shaman.

Byrne. On that note, I noticed some here take offense to his comments about his time on AF. I always read them a little different. I don't think he ever said that he didn't like the characters, merely that it wasn't fun writing them. I enjoy writing, and there are times I write stories about a character I like and yet find it very difficult to write them. It becomes a chore and not fun. I think this is what Byrne meant by his comments.

Simon Furman. His direction seemed to jump all over the place and his original characters were...well, they were bad.

John Byrne was at his peak with this title.

Without a doubt, Duncan Rouleau. His characters were so distorted that I felt that if I dropped acid, his art would look normal.

Add me to the list to those who would change the whole Razer/Puck connection. I could even get behind the Beaubier's being half-elven, as it would still make them mutants (possessing abilities neither parent races had), and could have opened up some crossovers with Thor and Asgard.

Hey Jason Eberly! Welcome to AF.net and for your thoughtful and hilarious response to the questionnaire.

You'd really EAT SNOWBIRD??!?!?!? LOL!!!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com