Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

Default Wyre

He did? I don't have #121-130...that's why I was never able to finish a Wyre profile for the the Appendix...Magiphobia again...Dreamqueen, Carcass, Khaos, I just couldn't get that...
    I'm not kidding, I can't stand demonic characters or outright magic users...except Nemesis, but that's mainly because I think it's her sword...
    Anyways, I don't see why he neede to use those guns, blame it more on poor writing than poor Wyre...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Default Re: Wyre

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    Yeah, Wyre always gets shafted, I really don't see why people dislike him, he doesn't seem a bit like Cable to me, certainly not in personality and the only times I actually saw him use a gun, (He does carry big guns), were:

I don't even know why he carries them, his powers are enough to deal with his enemies
    Wyre appeared after many cable wannabe. I mean big guns, and the attitude of a tough guy. And as you said the guns where useless, it was only there for the cool aspect and in my mind, the first was cool, but after x character like him, it's more then boring. And I never was found of over confident character with an attitude Northstar been the exception. But if it's the first character of that kind you ran across, I can understand you liking him.

And also, Wyre was also a lot of pain for me as I had no particular interest in Wildchild. Liked him but not more then the rest of the team. But the book was at that time starting to be Kyle and his Alpha Flight and the Wildheart stuff was not something I did find interesting. Anyway, it more got to do with what are your interest or not and those stories did not evolved around my interesting subject.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

He did? I don't have #121-130...that's why I was never able to finish a Wyre profile for the the Appendix...Magiphobia again...Dreamqueen, Carcass, Khaos, I just couldn't get that...
    I'm not kidding, I can't stand demonic characters or outright magic users...except Nemesis, but that's mainly because I think it's her sword...
    Anyways, I don't see why he neede to use those guns, blame it more on poor writing than poor Wyre...
    Well, he did use his powers and the guns together, but it is true that he didn't need the guns. Maybe that was the whole point of his character, that he didn't like to use his powers alot because he saw what they did with his DNA, and was afraid that his mutation would turn him into a monster too(do you see that in the stories? I don't know all I have is issues #115, 128-129).
    I don't think he is a Cable wannabe at all, he just never got the chance to be developed properly (Marvel should bring him back, though we all know they won't).

Zeke-a-mania

Default Wyre

Guns will kill you just as dead as bio-organic spines...The entertainment industry often has a hypocrisy about killing, it's wrong to execute a criminal in prison, even humanely, but it's all right to shoot them dead in the street, throw them out of windows, chop them to pieces, burn them to death, or cover them in honey and have them eaten alive by fire ants..... (That's how Deadpool killed Humbug)

What I'm trying to say is Wyre could become just as monstrous and evil with guns as with mutant powers. The guns were wholly unnecessary...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Guns will kill you just as dead as bio-organic spines...The entertainment industry often has a hypocrisy about killing, it's wrong to execute a criminal in prison, even humanely, but it's all right to shoot them dead in the street, throw them out of windows, chop them to pieces, burn them to death, or cover them in honey and have them eaten alive by fire ants..... (That's how Deadpool killed Humbug)

What I'm trying to say is Wyre could become just as monstrous and evil with guns as with mutant powers. The guns were wholly unnecessary...
    Aaaaaah, but when he's using his guns he's just a merc, when he uses his powers he's a mutant monster. there is a very big difference (especially in comics). And anyways I'm agreeing that he doesn't need the guns but to comic writers: Big Guns=Cool

Zeke

The only reasons I could see for Wyre using a gun would be to attack someone from a distance to inflict massive damage. Sure the wires could probably reach great distances, but not as quickly as a bullet. He's a mercenary! He uses what weapons will be most effective. Aside from the "kewl" factor with readers, it makes sense (at least to me) that Wyre uses a gun. And a big gun does more damage than a little one hence the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    The only reasons I could see for Wyre using a gun would be to attack someone from a distance to inflict massive damage. Sure the wires could probably reach great distances, but not as quickly as a bullet. He's a mercenary! He uses what weapons will be most effective. Aside from the "kewl" factor with readers, it makes sense (at least to me) that Wyre uses a gun. And a big gun does more damage than a little one hence the size.
    Well, in the last battle with the Hardliners he doesn't use his gun against them at all, so how do you explain that?
    Anyways, the bigger the gun doesn't always mean stronger, I always remember in Men in Black Will Smith gets this tiny gun that every time he shoots makes him fly backwards from the force of it.

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by zekethegreat
    Well, in the last battle with the Hardliners he doesn't use his gun against them at all, so how do you explain that?
    Anyways, the bigger the gun doesn't always mean stronger, I always remember in Men in Black Will Smith gets this tiny gun that every time he shoots makes him fly backwards from the force of it.

Zeke
    How do I explain it? Easy, he engaged in close up, hand-to-hand combat with the Hardliners so the wires were more effective than a gun. However, if you reread #129 he uses his gun against the hazards of the assault course, because it was more effective than the wires as an attack.
    As for the "cricket" (Will Smith's gun) reference it's a non-example since Men In Black has nothing to do with Marvel Comics continuity. I do take your point though that in makebelieve reality is what you want it to be, but generally in the comics (and reality) a bigger gun tends to cause more damage.

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight?
    Since I was 6 years old (1992).
    2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?
    All I remember was seeing Puck and knowing that he was my hero.
    3. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight character?
    Puck, followed very closely by Shaman.
    4. Who is you least favorite Alpha Flight character?
    Oddly, Aurora. Despite the fact that I think Northstar is great, I never ever fully warmed to Aurora.
    5. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Jerry Jaxon.
    6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Deadly ernest.
    7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight?
    Volume 1 #1-12
    8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?
    1. Puck
    2. Shaman
    3. Madison Jeffries as Box
    4. Northstar
    5. Heather Hudson as Guardian
    9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)
    Puck.
    10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight?
    Shaman.
    11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    John Byrne.
    12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Bill Mantlo.
    13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    John Byrne.
    14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    John Calimee.
    15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be?
    The story that made Puck's diminished size the result of magical doings rather than a natural occurence.

Since around 2000 (about five-six years?).

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?

First heard about'em when collecting the Marvel II series cards back in the early nineties. I wan't really sure what I thought about them back then since I only got Sasquatch and Snowbird and didn't know much more than that about the team and its history.

Personally, I think most people give Heather Hudson a hard time but I think she gives a lot to the team in terms of leadership and heart. I also like what little I've read of Diamond Lil, Nemesis, St. Elmo, CENTENNIAL and....Yukon Jack!

Didn't really think too much of Roger Bochs....

Not sure. Like Master of the Universe but he also seemed a little too much like Vandal Savage to me (although not as interesting).

Pink Pearl.

First run to when Heather becomes Vindicator.

Guardian
    Vindicator
    Sasquatch
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Marrina
    Madison Jefferies as BOX
    Talisman
    Marrina
    Nemesis
    Diamond Lil

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)

Vindicator

Have yet to read the entire series but the originals are the best so far....

Nothing stands out....

Cannot recall of the top of my head but the cover art for issue #100, volume 1 is superb.

Nothing stands out...

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" -- Juan Ramon Jimenez, Nobel laureate in literature 1956, Spain. (Epigraph of Fahrenheit 451)

Vandal Savage...now that you mention it....I think you're right! Welcome aboard, and thanks for not chosing Wyre as Least Favorite Villain!

Welcome new friends...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

1.Ever since Vol.1 #1

2.Seeing them in Marvel Two in One teaming with The Thing against the Raveger.I instantly loved the team.

3.Sasquatch

4.Major Maple Leaf

5.The Master

6.none

7.Sasquatch vs. Super Skrull from Vol.1 #9-10

8.Guardian,Vindicator,Sasquatch,Puck,Snowbird,Sham an,Northstar and Aurora.

9.Heather

10.Heather

11.John Byrne

12.Chuck Austen

13.John Byrne

14.Jim Calime

15.Making Northstar and Aurora part fairy.Worst idea ever.

Only recently. Within the last 2 months or so. It began as a conversation where I dismissed AF as "totally boring." In particular, I hated the costumes.

Really stupid costumes.

Heather.

Major Mapleleaf.

Nemesis.

I'll get back to you, but the fat Pearl probably.

a) Death of Mac leading to Heather leading AF.
    b) Snowbird killing Sasquatch, then Sasquatch coming back in Snowbird's body.

Heather, Shaman, Sasquatch. Maybe Puck. (I see Snowbird as having left for Goddesshood forever.)

Heather. Every other gal has serious mental problems.

I prefer Heather. I think Mac was a good leader 'til he died.

John Byrne, hands down.

No opinion, but whoever brought Major Mapleleaf in should be tarred and feathered.

Another hard one. I'll get back to you.

Cut it out already!

Major Mapleleaf.

No opinion, but whoever brought Major Mapleleaf in should be tarred and feathered.

Major Mapleleaf.
    Well, to answer you the writer that introduce both Major Mapleleaf is Scott Lobdell and yes it was a very bad idea. He is also my worst Character, just a little bit above wyre. And I think that character ruined Northstar coming out issue. Or having mixed Northstar coming out with aids, but oh well...

And Welcome, welcome to all of the new ones
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix