Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight - The Movie!

Default Alpha Flight - The Movie!

Okay, I know that this has probably been discussed over and over again and I know the chances of them every doing a movie of our favourite Canadian superhero team is like nil - but I thought it might be fun to discuss casting anyway.

After recently seeing Cate Blanchet in 'The Missing' I thought she'd be great for the part of Heather! I know she's actually Australian but she can do different accents AND act (which are both pluses!).

Does anyone else have any other casting ideas for the fearless leader of AF? Or for casting of our other heros and heroines?

how about:

Johnny Depp

as Walter Langkowski

I've always thought they could do a movie based solely on Issue #1 of volume 1. The story has everything a film needs complete with an ending that makes ya want to come back for more.

As for casting?

How about Vince Vaughn as Mac?

Kate Hudson as Snowbird

I've always thought:

Bill Paxton as Walter

Cate Blanchett always struck me as more of a Snowbird than a Heather

Though he's getting a bit old, Russell Means would have been perfect for Shaman back in the day; as it is, Adam Beach could probably fit in the role.

Mac is a tough one; Vince Vaughn is too slick for the part, much as I love VV. I can see Josh Hartnett in this role, though, again, he's a bit young.

Ah, Cate Blanchet as Snowbird - yes, I can definitely see that. I wonder how they would do the eyes??? I think she would have the screen presence to portray a half Goddess... (after Galadriel of course).

I like the idea of Johnny Depp as Walter, although he isn't blonde. I'm imagining CGI for the actual beast... which I hate the idea of, but I guess there is no other solution. Maybe Depp could play Walter as a genius-eccentric?

What about Ben Affleck as Mac/Guardian?

I can't think of any red heads for Heather (or should that be strawberry blonde?)

I thought about Michael Horse for Shaman? (Deputy Tommy 'Hawk' Hill from Twin Peaks)

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Ah, Cate Blanchet as Snowbird - yes, I can definitely see that. I wonder how they would do the eyes???
    For Mystique in X2, they CGIed in the eyes as opposed to using the painful contacts.

As far as my casting choices, I guess I tend to think about how to REALLY get the film made - so I tend to go with less-known (and therefore, less expensive) actors. Just a habit, I guess. Though Affleck would work well as Mac.

[quote="Chavez"]
    Though Affleck would work well as Mac.
    Hehe. Especially if they kill Mac off in the movie. Ben Affleck's acting just bugs me.

Now that's something I thought I'd never see - the word acting and Ben Affleck in the same sentence!!!! I think Affleck would be great as the cold mechanical Mac... as long as this means we don't have to endure Jennifer Lopez as Heather!!!!!

Jennifer Lopez can be Murmur and her arse can be Pink Pearl.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, let's hope that her arse has more talent than she does... oh dear, what am I saying now - we KNOW that's where the talent is!!!!

As long as we're talking about lesser-known actors/actresses to play in an Alpha Flight movie... what do you guys think of Lisa Wilcox playing Heather? She played the role of Alice in Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5, and if you have seen them, you can see that she is PERFECT for Heather. Besides physically resembling Heather, she did a great job of going from a frumpy-but-still-sexy girl to this kicker-of-Freddy-ass. I personally think she'd play Heather wonderfully. Or at least she would've back when those movies were made.

Maybe it's just me, but I could see Barry Pepper (The Green Mile, We Were Soldiers.) As a good Mac. He could do a good job of the team leader who never wanted to be team leader. And as a bonus, he's Canadian.

I'd say Olivier Martinez for the role of Northstar.

How about Micheal Horse as Shaman? The picture's a bit dated, I'm afraid.

Suzene

I fear you may have a fight on your hands for Olivier Martinez to play Northstar, as many X-Men fans want him to fill Gambit's shoes in future movies.

I think he would be great as Northstar, what about Juliette Binoche for Aurora?

I fear you may have a fight on your hands for Olivier Martinez to play Northstar, as many X-Men fans want him to fill Gambit's shoes in future movies.
    Excuse me while I go be quietly sick in the corner. I suppose it's just that I grew up in Southern Lousiana, but I want Gambit to die. A lot.

I think he would be great as Northstar, what about Juliette Binoche for Aurora?
    Works for me.

Suzene