Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Alpha Flight - The Movie! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alpha Flight - The Movie!

Alpha Flight

I always thought Mac's shadier side was innuendo while he was dead. His acceptance of the psychotics on the team could be a value judgement, but what in his "live" characterization did you find shady? I always thought Byrne tried to create a guy as upright as Cap America to be Canada's icon.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

His manipulation of Logan, for one. In fact, the issue escapes me, but it was heavily implied around the time that Heather first donned the Guardian suit that Mac had some major agendas. I know it was established that this was just paranoia on Heather's part, but most of it seemed to have substance to me. I don't have the issue handy at the moment, but I'll dig it up and see what I can find.

And it may not even really be Mac's fault per se that he has this shady side. Much like Emma Frost, who wasn't "bad" so much as experiencing a subtle, gradual erosion of ethics as she went through life. Perhaps the very nature of Mac's work with the government, with the Weapon X project, etc. made him more inclined to make/take morally unproper choices/actions.

Again, I could be wrong, but I do tend to see the flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done. Part of the reason why I'm such a big fan of the Mac/Heather dynamic.

Alpha Flight

That Heather in the suit/Deathstrike bit with Logan was what I figured you were referred to. I don't remember it being followed up on conclusively, but Mac's name hasn't so much as been mention in Weapon X, even with arcs like battle of the programs. I think it was #33.

With lack of concrete follow-up, I had personally written it off as Mantlo's disdain for the original team.

flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done.
    Flip that coin one more time. I prefer Heather over Mac, but Mac would not have killed Snowbird.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

That's very true, actually. I never considered the question of what Mac would have done in Heather's place during the whole Pestilence fiasco. Could there have been another way to handle it? Mac would've tried. It was a judgment call to be certain, but Mac definitely would've tried something else.