Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight - The Movie!

I always thought Mac's shadier side was innuendo while he was dead. His acceptance of the psychotics on the team could be a value judgement, but what in his "live" characterization did you find shady? I always thought Byrne tried to create a guy as upright as Cap America to be Canada's icon.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

His manipulation of Logan, for one. In fact, the issue escapes me, but it was heavily implied around the time that Heather first donned the Guardian suit that Mac had some major agendas. I know it was established that this was just paranoia on Heather's part, but most of it seemed to have substance to me. I don't have the issue handy at the moment, but I'll dig it up and see what I can find.

And it may not even really be Mac's fault per se that he has this shady side. Much like Emma Frost, who wasn't "bad" so much as experiencing a subtle, gradual erosion of ethics as she went through life. Perhaps the very nature of Mac's work with the government, with the Weapon X project, etc. made him more inclined to make/take morally unproper choices/actions.

Again, I could be wrong, but I do tend to see the flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done. Part of the reason why I'm such a big fan of the Mac/Heather dynamic.

That Heather in the suit/Deathstrike bit with Logan was what I figured you were referred to. I don't remember it being followed up on conclusively, but Mac's name hasn't so much as been mention in Weapon X, even with arcs like battle of the programs. I think it was #33.

With lack of concrete follow-up, I had personally written it off as Mantlo's disdain for the original team.

flip side of the coin: a man who, by circumstance, has done some things that someone like Heather might not have done.
    Flip that coin one more time. I prefer Heather over Mac, but Mac would not have killed Snowbird.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

That's very true, actually. I never considered the question of what Mac would have done in Heather's place during the whole Pestilence fiasco. Could there have been another way to handle it? Mac would've tried. It was a judgment call to be certain, but Mac definitely would've tried something else.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Don't get excited guys, this is clearly just a place-holder, but I thought I should bring it up.
    There's an Alpha Flight page on IMDb.

~ Le Messor
    "He who never made a mistake never made a discovery."
    ~ Samuel Smiles

I’d imagine that that’s been created by an overzealous user...

Here are my choices for casting if an Alpha Flight movie ever gets made:
    [h=Bonnie Wright as Heather Hudson AKA Vindicator (Leader Of Alpha Flight)]3[/h]Matt Smith as Madison Jeffries AKA Box (Second In Command)

Gwyneth Paltrow as...
    Wanda Langkowski/Walter Langkowski aka Sasquatch. (The Scientist of Alpha Flight)

Nina Dobrev as Jeanne-Marie Beaubier AKA Aurora (watch the Vampire Diaries to see why she's prefect for the role)a Front-line fighter and psychiatric counseling for incarcerated prisoners. (she's in her Messiah Personality)

Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs as Elizabeth Twoyoungmen AKA Talisman (The Mystic of the Team and Trainee)

Nikki Hahn as Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl (a trainee who is THE 80'S fashion wearing, Otaku loving, the Slapstick Knows No Gender sufferer, and... the Heart of the team)

Uriah Shelton as Dr.Whitman Knapp AKA Manikin (The Doctor of Alpha Flight)

Marsai Martin as Laura Dean AKA Pathway and also will be playing Laura twin sister Goblyn Dean(trainees and the wild cards of the team)

Images

Phil - yes, I'd agree with that.

Brer Rabbit -
    Interesting; most people stick around the Byrne era. I'm impressed you've moved beyond that.

~ Le Messor
    "Age becomes bothersome only when you stop to coddle it."
    ~ W.G.P.

Alpha Flight: The Movie, starring an all-Canadian cast.
    Opens with Mac watching an old film reel of the Flight (Guardian, Vindicator, Puck, Shaman, & Sasquatch) in action. The team has since been disbanded with Mac and Heather put in charge of Department H. Heather officially retires and gives birth to Claire, but Mac cannot let go of the hero life. Now, Department H is being shut down by government cost cutting. Unexpectedly, Shaman and Talisman arrive to inform Mac that Snowbird, an Inuit goddess, has warned of a mystical group called The Great Beasts and Alpha Flight must be reborn to battle this new threat. The call goes out, but with Shaman's power waning, Puck off on a personal mission to the U.S., and Heather having no interest in putting the suit back on, Sasquatch is charged with creating a new team from the old Beta and Gamma Flight trainees.
    He tracks down various members but only Northstar, Aurora, Marrina, and Windshear answer the call to join. They race off to the north to find the first Beast... Tundra.

Can it be done... absolutely. Is it realistic to believe Disney would pull the trigger... no.
    ... but a man can dream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Flight - The Movie.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	5937  
    The Flight Forever !

Tremendous response to this idea. Enough to interest I would say to call for a movie..;0

I've actually mapped out an Alpha Flight script for another website, but my laziness has kept me from finishing off the script. I've written like 25% of it and then keep revising the outline over and over. The plot involves US Agent being set up as a traitor and having to flee to Canada, where he winds up helping Alpha Flight to find the kidnapped Roger Bochs, which is tied to the conspiracy US Agent was working on. It involves Omega Flight. It's complicated.

I had the same idea though - all Canadian cast (except for the American characters). My current actor wish list:

Guardian: Nathan Fillion
    Heather: Sarah Polley
    Shaman: Adam Beach
    Snowbird: Ashley Callingbull
    Sasquatch: Kevin Durand
    Northstar: Xavier Dolan
    Aurora: Mylene Mackay

Jerry Jaxson: Matt Frewer
    Delphine Courtney: Cobie Smulders
    Smart Alec: Colm Feore
    Roger Bochs: Kristian Bruun
    Elizabeth Twoyoungmen: Jessica Matten
    Gary Cody: Rick Moranis

No clue who would play US Agent. These all change pretty regularly anyhow. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't outlined an Alpha Flight movie?
    "Fools! Fools! Your puny weapons are useless against me!"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Caliber
    No clue who would play US Agent. These all change pretty regularly anyhow. Is there anyone on this board who hasn't outlined an Alpha Flight movie?
    If outlining it in your head counts, then I have.

It totally counts. Also, would outlining in your head be HEADLINING? #DeepThoughts
    "Fools! Fools! Your puny weapons are useless against me!"

Images

I've always wanted to make headlines!

Buy a corduroy pillow.
    The Flight Forever !