Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have no idea what to read?!

Default I have no idea what to read?!

Seriously,

I've been out of comics for awhile and would like to get back into a couple.

From what I've seen all the titles somehow restarted? pfft!

What books would anyone recommend?

Thanks!

Alpha Flight v.3 Other than that, I'm just getting into Weapon X, it's pretty good.

As Ben has already mentioned AF, I'd recommend 'Supreme Power', It's written buy J.M.Stracynski (sp). It's the Squadron Supreme, but with a slight twist. JMS has shown how he can string a story together (B5) and brings that kinda style to Supreme Power.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks fellas,

Can anyone tell me about Exiles? Looks like they have a version of Sasquatch.??

I don't know a lot about Exiles, I think Phils probably your man for that, but I think I'd be right in saying that the Sas in Exiles is a black woman called Heather Hudson, it's all to do with differrent dimensions and characters from them.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'd recommend Stormwatch: Team Achilles if you're into government teams who are anti-superhuman. The language is strong, and the violence is definitely there. But it's well written.

I'd also recommend Fallen Angel from DC.Written by Peter David, it's a great alternative to the uncountable X titles that seem to be popping up (again...and again....and again)

-Mystic

I pick up S Team Achilles, a good read. Did anyone pick up the
    "Coup D'etat" mini that just came out. The Authority as the Pres of the US
    Del

I read pt.2 Coup d'etat-Stormwatch Team Achilles

what does Coup d'etat mean?

Try alternation, it sounds good + you just have to read New Mutants!

Runaways is also a good read

A coup d'etat is when someone (an individual, a group, what-have-you) overthrows a government and takes over, usually violently.

Haiti is the most recent example of a Coup...

I picked up all of the Coup stories, was quite impressed with Sleeper, may pick up some more of this to take a look see.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Thanks fellas,

Exiles

Exiles' Sasquatch

First Appearance: Exiles #10
    Group Affiliation: Exiles
    Hair: White (as Sasquatch), Black (as Heather)
    Eyes: Blue (as Sasquatch), Brown (as Heather)

The newest member of the Exiles, the super-strong Sasquatch replaced the comatose Thunderbird on the team. Like her predecessors, Sasquatch was transported to join the Exiles team from her own reality by the enigmatic Time Broker.

This Sasquatch took her teammates - and even the rival Weapon X team - by surprise when she revealed that she was not Walter Langkowski, as everyone had presumed. Rather, this Sasquatch is a black female named Heather Hudson. How Hudson became Sasquatch has yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Thanks fellas,

Exiles

Exiles' Sasquatch

The newest member of the Exiles, the super-strong Sasquatch replaced the comatose Thunderbird on the team. Like her predecessors, Sasquatch was transported to join the Exiles team from her own reality by the enigmatic Time Broker.

This Sasquatch took her teammates - and even the rival Weapon X team - by surprise when she revealed that she was not Walter Langkowski, as everyone had presumed. Rather, this Sasquatch is a black female named Heather Hudson. How Hudson became Sasquatch has yet to be revealed.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Thanks fellas,

Exiles

Exiles' Sasquatch

Magik is the newest member of Exiles actually

I was taking from the Comix-fan biographies which obviously haven't been updated.

If we're being pedantic Magik isn't the newest entrance as a member, as a member of Weapon X would be, and only 6 members of the combined Exiles and Weapon X teams can survive.
    We've seen the cover for May so we know Sasquatch survives.

Another good book out now is Hawkeye but its on issue 5 and getting cancelled with #8