Thread: Long time AF fan/freak

Default Long time AF fan/freak

Hey, names Pete.

When I was 8 years old my dad took me to a comic shop so I could get a Fantastic Four book. While there I started to flip through the boxes looking for anything to catch my eye, and there it was. This yellow book with almost all the super heroes I knew at the time. It was a dream come true!

I'l be honest I never even noticed the little guy with "P" on his chest, or the giant orange ball of fur either. But boy was I hooked after reading that 1st issue. Alpha Flight ruled.

Now 27 I no longer read comics. I started getting out of them as soon as AF went to $1.75, remember those days? But AF keeps me coming back. It's the only book I really long to read and whenever I see it's name mentioned I go right to it like a bug to the light.

Great site here, and I'm glad theres other AF yahoos out there to meet and discuss with what is the absolute greatest comic book I've ever read.

Pleased to meet ya's all.

EDIT: Doh! You'd think I would have noticed the introduce yourself thread before I wrote this. Ah well.

Welcome aboard Pete, always glad to have new and old fans alike join up. You say that you no longer collect comics, but do you think we could convince you to start reading the new Alpha Flight series that just came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Welcome aboard Pete, always glad to have new and old fans alike join up. You say that you no longer collect comics, but do you think we could convince you to start reading the new Alpha Flight series that just came out?
    Alpha Flight is the only book I read anymore. I dug the first issue!