Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    BTW, you can stash your stuff in the second cupboard on the left, the one beside the house hippo's nest.
    You're obsessed with those things aren't you?

G'day Erik and welcome to the looney bin. Mind the Pocky stash when you shove yer stuff in that second cupboard...I'll have to get territorial about it and it's been known to get messy. Mmmm Pocky.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Welcome aboard (board - geddit???) DMK and Airhead, and long may you post here.

Thanks all of you for welcoming me!
    I'm sorry but..........I don't really understand this "cupboard" jokes and stuff........lol
    Just look at my name, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Airhead
    I'm sorry but..........I don't really understand this "cupboard" jokes and stuff........lol
    okay...first! put down any food and beverage you may have at the moment.

second, if you smoke, now would be a good time to put said smoke out..at least for a bit.

third...go here http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=124 and find out exactly why people obsess about cupboards so much on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhead
    okay...first! put down any food and beverage you may have at the moment.

second, if you smoke, now would be a good time to put said smoke out..at least for a bit.

third...go here http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=124 and find out exactly why people obsess about cupboards so much on this list.
    1.) Ok
    2.) I don't smoke
    3.) Ok!

Default Introducing myself

Hello Everybody.

I am new to this board. Not sure what I can say about myself except that I am here because of my love for Alpha Flight, which I have been fond of since the days of John Byrne. (Wow, that long huh?)

I live and grew up in the Great White North, in a little place called "Montreal".

My favourite alphas are: Heather, Puck, Box (Roger Bochs, may he rest in peace), Guardian and of course Walt who I have named myself after.

My favorite issues of Alpha Flight are : # 1-32 and 102-106. I enjoyed the second series (1997) also but found the stories to be highly out of place. I have high hopes for the new series.

Looking forward to having some great literary discussions with you all over the future of Alpha Flight.

Default Re: Introducing myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Looking forward to having some great literary discussions with you all over the future of Alpha Flight.
    G'day Sas. Uh I dunno about them literary discussions there, we've been known to have some doozy NON-literary ones though. lol

Welcome Sasquatch, all great characters you listed there, but most of all Walt I'm the unnoficail #1 fan I'm sure you'll have a blast here!

Speaking of blasts...incidental explosions from the cupboard are normal...just wear a flack jacket, and you'll be fine. Were're mining or fun!

Ben - Still in rock 'n roll mode

Speaking of blasts...incidental explosions from the cupboard are normal...just wear a flack jacket, and you'll be fine. Were're mining or fun!
    *BLAM!*Poor little Bessy. I told her to be careful with that nitro glycerine.

That's cause you was out in the woods yesterday whooping it up with the rest of the hippies ya sod....while us poor peons were sleeping because we had to work last night. =p

Welcome Sasquatch, all great characters you listed there, but most of all Walt I'm the unnoficail #1 fan I'm sure you'll have a blast here!

What ? Nobody said anything about explosions eh? There aren't too many jackets for ten-foot orange furry monsters. How about just a helmet?

And ladymako71, I'll take whatever discussions come along with a smile.

Well, I am new around here. Named after....myself!

Lets see, I started reading Alpha Flight when the second volume came out. I enjoyed that book so much that I went back and bought tons of issues of the first volume to learn the history of the characters and the team as a whole. I quit after a while, but when I saw a third volume coming out, I decided I would finish off the old collection and read the new title.

My favorite flight member is probably Squatch, but I like Shaman and Talisman as well. I must say though, I think I like the Exiles version of Squatch more than I like the 616 version.

I live in Florida, about as far away from Canada as you can be in the states, but I have visited there before. The countryside up there is beautiful.

My favorite issue of Alpha Flight is #66 from Vol. 1. I think that is the number. Its the issue where Manikin becomes aware of the writer and tries to fight off his plan to kill him off. I always thought that was cool, and I had never seen it done in a book before.

That about does it for me.

Welcome to all the new people, Sasquatch, Airhead, Zach, Barnacle (who I fell I should know more about than I actually do), my memory is definately going. Oh and If I missed anyone out, sorry (see above )
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hey Zach, welcome! It seems you stole my bother's name...but he won't mind. If you see green ooze coming from under the cupboard, don't worry that's normal. The doctor says the antibiotics will take care of it.

Ben

G'day Zach and welcome...we're harmless, really. <=)

p.s. Ben? About the anti biotics, the cat ate them thinking they were treats...

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    G'day Zach and welcome...we're harmless, really. <=)

p.s. Ben? About the anti biotics, the cat ate them thinking they were treats...
    damnit! Not again!? Now the oozing will never end!

Ben