Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

My name is Jess. I'm a student in Ottawa at Algonquin College. I'm taking the Applied Museum Studies program there. (before this, I did a diploma from Dalhousie University in Halifax in the theatre department; I have a diploma in costume) I'm a bit of an Alpha nOOb (well, newb may be more accurate; I can spell), as I only started reading Alpha in v. 2. I'm 20, I like museums, arts, and comics. I'm also addicted to www.go-gaia.com (if you go sign up, say that lollerskates refered you! ) I'm going back to Halifax for the summer (practically counting down the days!), aaaand.... uh... I want an Aquapet. http://www.3djoe.com/Merchant2/merch...ory_Code=WPTAP Yeah.

Ahh, so that's how you know Halifax Like you said in a previous post, it is a great walking city. I've almost totatlly stopped using my car. It's a good town, but I'm still a country boy at heart.

Those aquapet things are kinda spookie...

Welcome aboard, you won't stay a newbe for long with this lot

Ben

I'm from elsewhere in Nova Scotia, and for me growing up, Halifax was "the big city". I was mildly overwhelmed with I first got there for school! Then in about 2 months, I realized it's tiny

20 days unitl I'm back in Nova Scotia ROKK!!

good timing, the snow should just about be gone by then

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

[b]NAME: Carolyn Lipari
    [b]BIRTH DATE: Feb 11 1966
    [b]LOCATION: Colonia, New Jersey
    [b]OCCUPATION: Parenting. My daughter just turned three.
    [b]INTERESTS: Anime, comics, drawing, animals

[b]BIO: Married for nearly 5 years now and living in New Jersey, though I was born and raised in Ottawa, Canada. First encountered Alpha Flight in the 1980's... I remember the original team fondly, though I like the look of the newest comics series.

Welcome castor! Be ware of stange people in cupboards!

New Recruit

NAME: Magik! (*grin*)
    BIRTH DATE: Well.. I was brought across in 1228..
    LOCATION: Inside a Crystal Ball. (Which happens to be located in Maryland, USA. )
    INTERESTS: Comics, surfing (of the web variety.), computer art, and dedicated soap watcher!

BIO: Nothing much of interest besides moving more than should EVER be allowed..
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

Welcome Castor or should I say Beaver?

You too Magik.

Hey Mighty Alpha Fans:

Weapon Omega here, well, actually Seth residing in the "Steel City" of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Coffee Shop employee, and aspiring Filmmaker and Comic Book writer. Been into comics since I was 14, that was twelve years ago and haven't missed a Wednesday yet!!

Been into Alpha Flight since I got into comics, I think it was a guest appearance in an old Wolverine comic that made me a fan of Canada's premiere super-team. It wasn't so much the powers as it was the characters themselves. The new series is great and I can honestly say, this is the best Alpha site on the Web, in my opinion. So here's me saying hello....."Hello!"

Hi all I'm me Richard Vasseur from London, Ontario, Canada. I've been getting Alpha Flight since issue # 1 of the first series. I've been into collecting comics as long as I can remember. In the past year I've gotten into doing interviews of comic writers and artists and posting them on web sites. I also post reviews of comics as well.
    Of course being from Canada I have a certain passion for great Canadian heroes. I wish there were more. We need a Canadian comic book company to compete with Marvel or DC.
    Richard Vasseur

NAME: J, Jo, Joey, Johan...I answer to a few of them. Jo usually.
    BIRTH DATE: August 12, 1974
    OCCUPATION: Slave labour for UPS...no I am not subjected to wearing that brown thing...thank god
    INTERESTS: Comics, writing, computer and anime

BIO: Born in Christchurch New Zealand to a local kiwi girl and an American sailor I have been all over the world and am now in CA...which I consider hell.

I have an almost unhealthy obsession with sharks, hence the nick, and the shark bite scar to prove it.

I am also the perfect egotistical megalomaniac...at least in theory. I'm a leo born in the chinese year of the tiger.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Welcome ladymako71 / Jo,

Great to have you on board! Wow, a shark bit scar, I got bit by a trout once....it was a big one!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Welcome ladymako71 / Jo,

Great to have you on board! Wow, a shark bit scar, I got bit by a trout once....it was a big one!

Ben
    Thank you muchly. Your posting to the twin_one live journal community brought me here...and I'm much glad to see a comic book forum that is FRIENDLY! Not boot campy!

Trout? If they're as big in Canada as they are in NZ I'd believe it. The bite I got was a nick more or less...it could have been a lot worse, the shark in question was bigger then me and I'm no midget.

and 'Jo' works just fine. =)

Welcome Ladymako71. I got chased by a bear once but no bite from it.
    Richard Vasseur

Bear? eep! I'd have saved it the hassle and dropped dead on the spot.